Mariana Zapata's Reviews > Gorgeous

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick

I can name the number of books that make me laugh out loud on one hand. Maybe even on just two or three fingers to be specific. But THIS BOOK. My stomach hurt throughout so many parts of it.

When I first saw it, I was a little apprehensive about the concept but I said, "Okay." It was seven thirty in the morning when I put the book down and eleven that same morning when I woke up and picked it back up for the next three hours.

There's a lot of things I loved about it. Becky was funny, and likable, and seemed like a real person. She was compassionate, and I just enjoyed everything about her. She wasn't perfect but that's what I loved. And then there was Gregory. Freaking Prince Gregory. His sarcasm...his everything... I loved the dynamic and banter between the two of them.

I also enjoyed that this wasn't as incredibly 'preach-y' as I thought it'd be and the dialogue was perfect for the characters. Do you have any idea how much it annoys me when authors write characters with dialogue that is completely unreal for their age and situation? A lot, let me tell you.

Anyway, my ultimate highlight was Rocher. Oh, Rocher. I think I reread her crawling on the floor whispering like a demon about ten times.

Mr. Rudnick, I will be stalking you as soon as I hit the save button on this. Thank you for an excellent novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gorgeous.

Finished Reading