Blake Petit's Reviews > The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 3

The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 3 by James Robinson

Jul 15, 2009

bookshelves: graphic-novels, superheroes, favorites
Read in July, 2009

The third collection brings us halfway through James Robinson's brilliant reimagining of Starman. In addition to another nine issues of the series, this volume also includes the second Starman annual, the Starman Secret Files, and the four-issue Shade miniseries, which is brilliant in its own right. This book includes the introduction of the Black Pirate into the Starman mythos, the fate of Solomon Grundy, another "Talking With David," story, and the beginning of the story threads that would ultimately lead Jack Knight into space to search for the missing Starman, Will Payton. Robinson's ability to pull together so many different characters from different points of DC continuity and make them one deep, rich, cohesive story is nothing short of remarkable. This is one of those comics I've always been sorry I missed out on in the original publication, and I'm thrilled that this remarkable omnibus series is allowing me to catch up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 3.