Alicia's Reviews > The Shut Mouth Society

F 50x66
Jul 14, 2009

did not like it
Read in July, 2009

I know you should never judge a book by its cover but I just couldn't resist with this one. Doesn't it look intriguing? I love historical fiction so seeing the serious cover and knowing it could give me more insight into the Lincoln days made me excited to read this book. It was probably one of the worst books I've ever read. The first 100 pages were pure action (people running from other people) and a long and slow build up of the discovery of a secret society that held secrets of Lincoln, the civil war and his assassination.But as the "mystery" began to unravel it was so uninteresting and superficial. Which is exactly how I would describe the characters as well. The characters had no depth. At one point they are on the run and they feel like they need a workout so they go to a gym. I mean who writes that kind of stuff? This is an airplane book at best. And it shouldn't even be considered historical fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shut Mouth Society.