Sonya Feher's Reviews > 10 Spiritual Practices for Busy Parents

10 Spiritual Practices for Busy Parents by Jacqueline Kramer

Jul 14, 2009

bookshelves: parenting, spirituality, nonfiction

Jacqueline Kramer absolutely understands the challenges facing parents who lack both time and energy for spiritual practice but who need to be able to draw on inner resources most when raising a child. Each chapter is five pages or less and includes Kramer's reflections and a teaching story and then a list of practices you can try. I originally balked at spending $10 on a 44 page booklet, but it is so worth it. It's great to grab in those moments when you just need a little encouragement to get through a challenge, or when you feel the need to get centered and grounded, or you want to remind yourself that you are a spiritual being in a world encouraging you to buy and do more rather than just being in the world appreciating what is around you. The ten practices are 1)Generosity, 2)Mindfulness, 3)Letting Go, 4)Being Contented Wherever We Are, 5)Commitment to Love, 6)Being a Good Friend to Ourselves, 7)Gratitude, 8)Listening with Every Ounce of Our Beings, 9)Daily Remembrance of Our True Radiance, and 10)Sharing Our Spiritual Practice with Our Families.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Spiritual Practices for Busy Parents.