Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Jul 14, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2009, read-in-2005, winter-2016, read-in-2015, read-in-2016, worth-reading-again-and-again, amazing, group-reads, challenge, odd-thomas
Read from December 27, 2015 to January 01, 2016 — I own a copy , read count: 3

I lead an unusual life.
By this I do not mean that my life is better than yours. I'm sure that your life is filled with as much happiness, charm, wonder, and abiding fear as anyone could wish. Like me, you are human, after all, and we know what a joy and terror that is.
I mean only that my life is not typical. Peculiar things happen to me that don't happen to other people with regularity, if ever.

-Odd Thomas, Chapter One
_____

This story began on a Tuesday
For you, that is the day after Monday. For me, it is a day that, like the other six, brims with the potential for mystery, adventure, and terror.
You should not take this to mean that my life is romantic and magical. Too much mystery is merely an annoyance. Too much adventure is exhausting. And a little terror goes a long way.

-Odd Thomas, Chapter One
_____

While Odd Thomas has never been one of my personal favorites of Dean Koontz, it is quite an impressive volume of literature. Since it's original publication in 2003, Odd Thomas has skyrocketed to become the most popular book by Dean Koontz, surpassing the beloved tale of Watchers. There are 7 sequels to this novel (including the novella Odd Interlude), Graphic Novels and an Odd Thomas Film. I will be re-reading the entire Odd Thomas Series during the first half of 2016 along with other amazing Koontzlanders in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Goodreads Group :-)

The Odd Thomas Series:
Odd Interlude (book 4.5)
Odd Apocalypse (book 5)
Deeply Odd (book 6)
Saint Odd (book 7)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Thomas.

Quotes Dustin Crazy little brown owl Liked

Dean Koontz
“Given my heritage and the ordeal of my childhood, I sometimes wonder why I myself am not insane. Maybe I am.”
Dean Koontz, Odd Thomas

07/14/2009 page 17
12/27/2015 marked as: currently-reading
01/01/2016 marked as: read
show 6 hidden updates…

Annette Slatner Very good series! Read the the other 6!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Annette wrote: "Very good series! Read the the other 6!"

Thanks Annette :-) I've read them all and plan to re-read the entire series in 2016. If you are in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Group, you can too with all the other Awesome Koontzlanders .

Happy New Year!