Christy's Reviews > Faking It

Faking It by Cora Carmack

Jun 04, 2013

bookshelves: angst, college-highschool-love, emotional, sweet-guys

Sometimes you don’t know what you’re looking for until it’s already knocked you flat on your back.

4.5 Cade Lovin’ Stars!!!
 photo e479ed60-01ad-47dd-bb9f-954256ebf7b7_zps6043f4bf.jpg

Oh Cade... I remember how much I adored this guy in Cora’s debut novel Losing It. I was so happy to find out he was getting his own book!

photo 0a2d38e7-03d1-4d7b-9e1f-84be9b292a17_zpsd523aa81.jpg

Cade is in PA, going to get his masters in theater. Cade is the good guy, the best friend. My heart broke for him in the beginning of this book. He is still not over Bliss. But he has to move on. She is with Garrick, and things are getting more serious between the two of them. Bliss invites Cade to their Thanksgiving, but he just can’t do it. So he makes up a story about going home. He is in a coffee shop, stewing, when he sees her. A girl named Max. She is with her rockstar boyfriend, and he can’t help but notice her.

photo 6871d334-18c7-4e69-bea8-28e84d08d9be_zpse6b9b7a5.jpg

Music is the only thing important in Max’s life. To be able to continue living her dream, she has to appease her conservative parents. That means the few times a year she see’s them, she covers her tattoo’s, hides away her boyfriend of the moment etc. When they show up unexpectedly for Thanksgiving, she knows she is in big trouble. They hear her flavor of the month ‘Mace’ in the background and want to meet her new beau. She can’t introduce Mace to them. But then she see’s him. Cade is sitting alone, looking handsome and respectable. She gets him to play along for a while and he charms the pants right off mom and dad. He is an acting student.
‘My name is Cade Winston. MFA student, volunteer, mom-hugger, and your boyfriend for the next twenty-four hours. It’s nice to meet you.’

‘Max Miller- musician and raging bitch. I’m sorry for slapping you.’

Max and Cade just have to get through 24 hours together. They go their separate ways and plan to meet in the morning. Then they end up seeing each other that very night at Max’s bar. Cade can’t take his eyes off Max. She is the first girl that makes him forget all about Bliss. She has a bit of a situation, and Cade saves the day. They both start to fall for each other a little bit that night. Cade lets her in a little bit, telling her some of his pasts. She knows he is special, but she also knows he is way out of her league.
‘You’re Golden Boy. You’re good at everything. You’re sweet, gorgeous, and probably stop to help little old ladies cross the street. If you can’t compete, the rest of us are completely fucked.’

I just... this wasn’t my life. Things like this didn’t happen to me, and if they did, it never lasted. Girls like me didn't’ get guys like Cade.

The more Cade see’s Max in her family dynamic, the more he understands why she is the way she is. Max and Cade have both suffered pretty big losses . Even though they both appear to be strong on the outside, their pasts are both full of pain and they both have a fear of the future.
“Pain changes us. Mine made me want to be perfect, so that no one would ever want to leave me again.”
I inhaled deeply. “Yours made you Golden. Mine just made me angry.”
“Your pain made you strong. It made you passionate and alive. It made us both who we are.”

photo f90f8227-58e9-476f-9a21-93bbd3c1aba7_zps20db262f.jpg

There is some angst, a little drama and back and forth, but Cade and Max really start to care for one another. Their lives get more intertwined and things get more complicated between the two.
Never before had I fell so intensely and so quickly. Max swept into my life like a hurricane, and I never stood a chance.

photo e6654b9c-6332-4e52-a5cc-f0e6213e2e3a_zpsa5fd1a43.jpg

Max pushes people away. Cade lets people go. It is their pattern. When real feelings are there, and they are no longer ‘Faking It’ can they let go of the past and move forward?
‘There are some things that are worth fighting for, no matter the outcome, and you are one of them.’

This was a great follow up. If you enjoyed ‘Losing It’, I think its safe to say you will also enjoy ‘Faking It’. I actually liked it better. Cade was just AH-mazing! Max really grew on me. I loved the two of them together! A brilliant mixture of romance, humor, heat, and angst. It was smart, sexy and fun! A very enjoyable read.

photo b8bc0193-dddf-470d-86eb-279b2acf2d36_zpsb868dcf4.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faking It.

June 4, 2013 – Started Reading
June 4, 2013 – Shelved
June 5, 2013 –
34.0% " Were some men of a different species? Did they have different DNA that enabled them to be so much better than other guys? I wonder that sometimes too, lol!"
June 5, 2013 –
100.0% "Review to come!"
June 5, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 6, 2013 – Shelved as: angst
June 6, 2013 – Shelved as: college-highschool-love
June 6, 2013 – Shelved as: emotional
June 6, 2013 – Shelved as: sweet-guys

message 1: by Red (new)

Red Tash I think it means they had proper mamas!

Christy Red wrote: "I think it means they had proper mamas!"

Haha! Thats the truth :D

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Awesome review Christy!! Loved Cade in the 1st one can't wait to read this <3

Christy Katy wrote: "Awesome review Christy!! Loved Cade in the 1st one can't wait to read this <3"

Thanks Katy! I just love Cade! Enjoy!!! :D

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Great review babe !!! I read " losing it" so long ago !! Is a re-read refresher called for ? Or can you just dive in ? ❤❤❤❤

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Awesome review!

Christy Anna wrote: "Great review babe !!! I read " losing it" so long ago !! Is a re-read refresher called for ? Or can you just dive in ? ❤❤❤❤"

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you can just dive in... Just remember (view spoiler)

Christy Lisa wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thanks Lisa! :D

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Christy :D

Christy Thanks Pavlina!!! :)

Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic Beautiful review Christy!! It makes me want to read this series next. My "to read" list is growing and growing daily. :-)

message 12: by Laila (new) - added it

Laila Wonderful review Christy!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Amazing review, Christy!

message 14: by ♥ Barb ♥ (new)

♥  Barb ♥ Fantastic review, Christy :D

message 15: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky Frosco Great review, need to read this series.

message 16: by Laci (new)

Laci Great review, I'm actually reconsidering reading this and I was so dead set against it. huh :)

Christy ♥Nancy The Bookaholic♥ wrote: "Beautiful review Christy!! It makes me want to read this series next. My "to read" list is growing and growing daily. :-)"

Thanks Nancy! Mine too! Every time I read 5, I add 10 more it seems haha!

Christy Laila wrote: "Wonderful review Christy!"

Thanks Laila! :D

Christy Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾ wrote: "Amazing review, Christy!"

Thanks Lkay!! :D

Christy Barb wrote: "Fantastic review, Christy :D"

Thanks Barb!!! :))

Christy Becky wrote: "Great review, need to read this series."

Thanks Becky- hope you like them :D

Christy Laci wrote: "Great review, I'm actually reconsidering reading this and I was so dead set against it. huh :)"

Thanks Laci :D Sometimes that happens to me too :D

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Awesome review, Christy! I've always wondered, how do you get the names of the characters onto the gifs you use for casting? Is that something you can do in Photobucket?

Christy Thanks David ;) I just upload the photos to photobucket and you can do all sorts of things to them, including adding text :D

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Christy wrote: "Thanks David ;) I just upload the photos to photobucket and you can do all sorts of things to them, including adding text :D"

Oooh, I'll have to try that with my next review! Thanx!

message 26: by Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ (last edited Jun 07, 2013 04:53AM) (new) - added it

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ Great review Christy! I started this and then put it down. I think I just loved Bliss and Garrick too much :(. I'm going to have to try again...

Christy Yea, I liked Cade better than Garrick so I was okay ;) lol

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ Christy wrote: "Yea, I liked Cade better than Garrick so I was okay ;) lol"

That would do it. Plus, I think I hate it when the hero loves someone (ever) that isn't the heroine. Apparently I'm an unrealistic jealous bitch, even in books :). But I love Cora Carmack, so I'm just going to have to get over it :)

Christy Haha! I get that ;))

message 30: by Jona (new) - added it

Jona Excellent review, Christy!

Christy Thanks Jona!! ;))

message 32: by StScho (new) - added it

StScho Awesome review. Will sure to check this one out.

Christy Thanks so much! Hope you like it ;))

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Awesome review Christy!

Christy Thanks Christine!!! :D

message 36: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great pics and great review, Christy! :)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Great review, Christy! Can't wait to read this one but still need to read the first one! :( x

Christy Thank you Baba ;))

Christy Thanks Rosa ;) they are good when you need a lighter read!

message 40: by ☆ Sammy ☆彡 (new)

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Loved this review, Christy! This book sounds really good! I will add the first in the series to my TBR =D

Christy Thanks Sammy! Hope you will enjoy them ;))

Jennifer (random jendsmit) Awesome review! This is up next for my weekend reading :) can't wait! I loved Losing It and I can't wait to read Cade's story!

Christy Thanks Jennifer! I loved Cade in the first one, and even more in this! Hope you love it!!! :D

message 44: by Barbara (new) - added it

Christy Barbara wrote: "

"

I LOVE the gif, Barbara!!! You are too sweet ;))

message 46: by Ally (new)

Ally Great review! I loved Cade in 'Losing It' too. I was disappointed we didn't hear more about him but I am delighted he has his own story. Cannot wait to read this :-)

Christy Thanks Ally! You won't be disappointed ;))

message 48: by StellaR (new) - added it

StellaR Fantastic review, Christy. I'm adding it :)

Christy Thanks StellaR!! ;))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Christy! I so want to read this one now!!!!!

« previous 1