Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebecca.

message 1: by Susan (last edited Jul 15, 2009 05:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan I really enjoyed this book, very atmospheric and very clever of du Maurier to make Rebecca such a presence and she isn't there! Have read it many times over the years. Remember doing a book report on it in 9th grade.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) That's good to hear. I enjoyed the film by Hitchcock. I'll give it a read in the hopefully near future. I'll probably read Jamaica Inn first though.

Susan Be warned, the movie version is different from the book, though I enjoyed the movie, too!

Never read Jamaica Inn. Listened to Frenchman's Creek and that was good. There was a PBS production made a little while back which I thought was good. Starred Tara Fitzgerald.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I hope the book is a little better. On recent viewing I found The Second Mrs. DeWinter a bit too passive for my taste.

Leah The second Mrs. de Winter *is* (almost annoyingly) passive for most of her story arc. But don't let that dissuade you from placing Rebecca closer to the top of your TBR pile. :)

Hanna Have you still not read this Danielle? Come on, chop chop. Don't wait another 5 years! :D
I just 'read' a 3 hr 18 min abridged Overdrive audiobook through my local library. The unabridged version is now on my 'to read' list, but if you want a quick read to 'get it over with' you could try that.. Hehe :)