David Jeong's Reviews > Frindle

Frindle by Andrew Clements

M 50x66

I read this book as an immigrant child just starting to learn about the English language and Western culture. Although the obvious theme of the importance of language was there but, the one thing that stood out to me as I finished this book, was the beauty and intricacy of the relationship between a teacher and a student. I had come from South Korea where respect was foremost in learning, but this book challenged this idea and gave so many reasons as to why the act of challenging authority does not always point to disobedience, but rather, allows the potential for a student to flourish to strive to prove a teacher wrong, in a meaningful way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frindle.

Finished Reading
June 4, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Jinnie (new)

Jinnie I'm from Korea to;)

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew This is a really great review. It was better than most I've read.

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew This is a really great review. It was better than most I've read.

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew This is a really great review. It was better than most I've read.

dennismiranda Do you like this book

dennismiranda This book is really cool

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew This is the book that was the foundation for all I love and know. Exaggeration? Maybe. But this book was a marker in my life, and I'll never forget it.

Jennifer Miner I'm reading it with my fifth grade students. I just finished it - thoroughly loved it! They're enjoying it & I'm certain they will love the ending.

Miles my best charecter is the is Nicholas Allen

Miles me too .

Miles Read this book!Very classic good book!

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen I think I've heard of this book. dont really want to read. but hey what the heck. I'll read it to see what its like. (aka just to humour myself) :) ;) lol.

Elias Quincy Kradel (Yes, I am related to John Quincy Adams.) Frindle is a terrific story though I wish there was some well, violence around the word frindle like a sreetfight to show that people are willing to fight for their frindles.