Nic's Reviews > Love's Cabers Tossed

Love's Cabers Tossed by Ari McKay

liked it
bookshelves: mm, athletes-sports, collection, dreamspinner-purchased, zz-amazon-yes

This story had so much promise - an interesting location, a unique sport, very individual characters and a cute dog - but somehow just didn't do it for me as much as I thought it would.

Lyall is big and strong and wonderfully protective of the smaller and more serious Martin. Martin is shy but Lyall brings out something in him which allows him to come out of his shell. However, I struggled to feel the connection between the two, most likely because I didn't overly warm to Lyall in a romantic sense. I thought he was kind and caring but something about him called out 'old man' to me - I think it was the way he spoke and language used (such as calling Martin 'laddie'). I know he was Scottish but way he spoke reminded me of an old man and therefore I had trouble picturing him with Martin. Other readers may not have this problem.

And I still don't fully understand the sport of caber tossing. Guess I will check out Google!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love's Cabers Tossed.

June 4, 2013 – Shelved
June 22, 2013 – Shelved as: dreamspinner-purchased
June 22, 2013 – Shelved as: collection
June 22, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes
June 23, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

KindleRomance Reviews Nice NicStar!