Christy's Reviews > Entwined with You

Entwined with You by Sylvia Day

Jun 03, 2013

bookshelves: angst, emotional, audio-books-i-own, paperbacks-i-own

Now that I've finished my re-read, I can jump into book 4. I love me some Gideon and I'm excited to read some more of him <3

photo d65128b2-3259-4433-a346-997c3cb0a0b5_zpsc9300ed5.jpg

Rate the book... Not Gideon. Rate the book... Not Gideon. This is easier said than done. The book, a solid 3.5 stars... Gideon- 5+ stars, my rating= 4 Stars.

Lets take a look at my Gideon...

photo fccb2592-bd25-43fd-8023-80cccc5c9d1e_zps32e8b6de.jpg
Gideon Cross had been designed to fuck a woman right out of her mind.

photo 1364ac87-d41e-46a9-92f9-e6511bb654eb_zps559487cc.jpg

And his Eva...
 photo 2ef1d91c-707b-49ca-997f-a755094b4dcf_zpsa42be4b2.jpg
We were two halves of the same soul.

If you haven’t read Bared to You or Reflected in You, you should probably go do that asap, Gideon Cross is not someone you want to miss out on. Also, if you haven’t read the first 2, this review will contain some storyline spoilers so there ya go.

photo 3f56b7f2-68bc-4a3f-9579-429c38397c6f_zps5f127063.jpg

Entwined with You starts off right where Reflected in You left off. Eva and Gideon are ‘together’ but not publicly. Its not safe for them to be together right now. Gideon has proven time and time again he will go to any extremes necessary to protect Eva. She is willing to do the same for him. Even if it means distancing herself for the time being. The first half of the book was a little repetitive (my main reason for the storyline being only a 3.5-4 rating) a lot of reassurance back and forth, over and over. But hot damn it was HOT!
“Thank you.”
“What are you thanking me for? You did all the work.”
“There’s no work involved in fucking you, angel.” His slow smile was pure satiated male. “I’m grateful for the privilege.”
I sank back onto my heels. “You’re killing me. You can’t be that gorgeous and sexy and say stuff like that. It’s overload. It fries my brain. Sends me into a meltdown.”
His smile widened and he kissed me again. “I know the feeling.”

Eva and Gideon together... yep, panties just melted right off of me. That club scene??? Wow.
Gideon wants to make sure Eva knows how much she means to him. He only wants her, no matter what his past was, his life truly began when he met his angel.

photo e1cfb330-df05-41b0-82a3-0715ad4392ea_zpsdfb2933c.jpg

The second half of the book was much better for me. I was ecstatic that Eva and Gideon were able to get their relationship out in the open again. Not only is Gideon sexy as hell, he gets extra swoony in this book!

photo 9efa0c27-1013-43bc-a8ac-1ddf59111b80_zps23bc9c85.jpg

Towards the end, there is some definite drama and complications. Thankfully, the couple is able to stay strong, united, together.
“Whatever we face, we face together. (view spoiler)

For those of you worried about another dreaded cliffhanger, fear not. I can safely say there is NO CLIFFHANGER . There are some unanswered questions, and some big things that are going to happen in the next book, you can tell, but Eva and Gideon are on solid ground so no worries there ;D I just love Gideon and Eva together. I love that they are two damaged people with broken pasts, but they are perfectly functional together. They really are great for one another.

photo efe52412-a62d-4b26-a90f-aa2f5af88c32_zpsf80839c4.jpg

At first, I was a little nervous about this series turning into a 5 book series, but seeing how this one ended, I could see how the author would want another book or two to tie up all the loose ends. Eva and Gideon’s story is far from over, and I’m excited to see what is next to come for them! (view spoiler)

On a side note, I’m just going to say how much I LOVE Cary! Yep- love him and his manwhore ways...
“Ever worry about shouting out the wrong name when you’re coming?”
“Nope. I just call ‘em all baby.”

Gideon is one of the hottest alpha’s around, so even if you don’t love the book, you gotta love him!!! And heres to hoping the next book won’t take forever to come out! Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined with You.

June 3, 2013 – Started Reading
June 3, 2013 – Shelved
June 3, 2013 –
0.0% "I really want to start this tonight... but after being awake over 20 hours straight, my eyes are burning and I think I need sleep lol! Gideon FIRST THING in the morning ;D"
June 4, 2013 –
75.0% "Gideon <3"
June 4, 2013 –
100.0% "Finished :D Review to come!"
June 4, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 5, 2013 – Shelved as: angst
June 5, 2013 – Shelved as: emotional
February 2, 2015 – Shelved as: audio-books-i-own
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: paperbacks-i-own

message 1: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard this ends with another big cliffy!

Christy Noooooo I hope that's not true!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend just finished it and said yes it a hugh one and if you check out amazon reviews she has 34 out of 57 1 star reviews due to the ending. I hope it's not true but let me know your thoughts, please!!!

Christy I'm only 20% now, but I'll have it finished by tonight and let you know ;))

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

Kristina I am hearing so many bad things about this one. It's making me nervous to go on. You know that feeling when you're reading a great book and you just can't put it down? Then the feeling where the book is kind of meh and it's taking you longer than usual to finish? For me, Entwined falls in the second category so far. Boo! I am trying to be patient...lol.

Christy Hope it gets better for you girl! I couldn't get enough Gideon ;) lol

Michelle I couldn't qualify the ending of this as a cliffhanger; maybe a curb...but not a cliff.

Christy I agree Michelle :))

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Awesome review Christy!! I'm loving it and agree I have no problem with the 5 books!! :)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Christy :D

message 13: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Great review!! Cannot wait to read it...my Nook finally uploaded today, I feel like I've missed so much! Lol

Joana Amazing review Christy :D
I did had to avoid the spoilers (and it was hard not to click on them), I juts can't wait to read it!
hahaha, Gideon sure is 5+, he just breaks any rating system really ♥

message 15: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Great review. I lost a bit of interest in the middle of the last book, but you (and your visual aid) are encouraging me to get back on track and finish this series. ;-)

message 16: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Holyyyyy hotness!

This. Review. Is. The. Hot. Shit !!!!!!

Great review Christy !!!! * still salivating *

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Awesome review, Christy!

Nicole Love your review!!

Nat O Great review Chisty! Do we learn more of Gideon's past? I know (view spoiler)

Christy Katy wrote: "Awesome review Christy!! I'm loving it and agree I have no problem with the 5 books!! :)"

Thanks Katy! Lets see... 5 books of Gideon??? I'm in ;D

Christy Pavlina wrote: "Wonderful review Christy :D"

Thanks so much Pavlina! :D

Christy Vanessa wrote: "Great review!! Cannot wait to read it...my Nook finally uploaded today, I feel like I've missed so much! Lol"

Thanks Vanessa! Enjoy Gideon and his alpha HOTNESS!

Christy Joana wrote: "Amazing review Christy :D
hahaha, Gideon sure is 5+, he just breaks any rating system really ♥"

Thanks Joana! Thats the truth... I'm pretty sure Gideon just broke the scale haha!

Christy Cindy wrote: "Great review. I lost a bit of interest in the middle of the last book, but you (and your visual aid) are encouraging me to get back on track and finish this series. ;-)"

Thanks Cindy! Hope you will enjoy!

Christy Anna wrote: "Holyyyyy hotness!

This. Review. Is. The. Hot. Shit !!!!!!

Great review Christy !!!! * still salivating *"

Hahaha! Just saying Anna banana-

YOU ARE HOT SHIT ;D lol <3
I spent almost AN HOUR looking for my Gideon... I almost used DG but I use him SO MUCH I wanted an original lol!

Christy Lisa wrote: "Awesome review, Christy!"

Thanks Lisa!

Christy Nicole wrote: "Love your review!!"

Thank you Nicole!!! xo

Christy Sanaa wrote: "Great review Chisty! Do we learn more of Gideon's past? I know [spoilers removed]"

Thanks Sanaa! (view spoiler)

Natalie Love your review :)) reading it right now and i can't put it down!!

Christy Natalie wrote: "Love your review :)) reading it right now and i can't put it down!!"

Thanks Natalie! Enjoy Gideon!!!

message 31: by Nat O (last edited Jun 05, 2013 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat O Ughhhh! I wish they wouldn't keep dragging it on! She should've just got the past out in this book and find some NEW drama for the next installment....Thanks for the info babe!

Catarina Great review, Christy!!
Glad you liked it ;)

Christy Catarina wrote: "Great review, Christy!!
Glad you liked it ;)"

Thanks Catarina! LOVE Gideon ;D

Lise *friends don't flag* Outstanding review, Christy.... love it!

Christy Lise *friends don't flag* wrote: "Outstanding review, Christy.... love it!"

Thanks Lise :D

Amber Rose Great review, doll!!! :)

Christy Amber's Reading Room wrote: "Great review, doll!!! :)"

Thanks so much Amber!!! :D

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ Beautiful review as always Christy :). (view spoiler). Gideon is without a doubt one if my top five favorite book heroes :)

Christy Thanks Vikki! That was one of the est parts for sure ;))

♥  Barb ♥ Fab review, Christy :D
I love your Gideon...yum yum

Christy Barb wrote: "Fab review, Christy :D
I love your Gideon...yum yum"

Thanks Barb! He sure is yummy ;D

Christy Linda ~ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty wrote: "Love your review Christy! They're always awesome! And your Gideon isn't so bad either....... ;)"

Thanks Linda! He is a hottie ;DD

Donna's ★☆ Dirty Little Secrets ☆★ Excellent review, Christy! Exactly matches my feelings throughout the book. I did feel it could have had more ... something to it. Just not sure what it was missing. Loved Gideon as always though and the hot scenes were definitely HOT!!

Christy Donna's ★☆ Dirty Little Secrets ☆★ wrote: "Excellent review, Christy! Exactly matches my feelings throughout the book. I did feel it could have had more ... something to it. Just not sure what it was missing. Loved Gideon as always though a..."

Thanks Donna! I think book 2 is still my favorite in the series, but I still enjoyed it... Gideon is HOT as always!

Cheryl Yeah! Wonderful review! Love your pic for Gideon! ♡♥♡ reading it now :)

Christy Thank you Cheryl ;) hope you like it!!!

message 47: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Camargo Mmmmm I love your Gideon's!!!

message 48: by Aimz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aimz I just want the end already!

Laila AMAZING review Christy!Love ur guy! Oops, I rated the book based on Gideon hehe!

Christy Sarah wrote: "Mmmmm I love your Gideon's!!!"

Thanks Sarah! :D Love me some Gideon ;)))

« previous 1 3