Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > The Lost Summer

The Lost Summer by Kathryn Williams

Jul 12, 2009

bookshelves: trt-posted-reviews

Reviewed by Ashley B for TeensReadToo.com

Helena Waite is finally a counselor at Southpoint, a summer camp for girls. She's been going to camp for years, and it is all she looks forward to. The bad part is, Katie Bell, her best friend, missed the counselor age requirement by a few months, and is therefore stuck as a camper for another year.

Katie Bell and Helena swear camp will be the same. But Helena thinks it will be different. And it is. Helena leaves Katie Bell behind for her counselor friends, and Ransome, her long-time crush who has become a reality.

I was a little disappointed in THE LOST SUMMER. The ending was a complete surprise that I didn't see coming, which is always a good thing, but a lot of the time I found myself quite annoyed by Helena, what with her treating her best friend the way she did.

With me knowing so much about camp, it made me curious, because most of the time it seemed as though there was nobody watching the campers. I really thought this book was going to be different, but overall it's an entertaining read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Summer.