The BookChick 's Reviews > Desire Unleashed

Desire Unleashed by Layne Macadam

6190526

bookshelves: 4-star-read, men-in-uniform, liquid-silver

My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
This book was provided by the author for an honest review.

Quick Review:
This is my first Layne Macadam book and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The book was sexy, intriguing, and sweet and contained a story that kept my attention from beginning to end. I love the stories about bada$$ military men finding love. As this is the beginning of the series, I will definitely keep them on my radar because I want to know what happens next for the main characters friends and fellow SEALs -- Wolf, Havoc, and Hawk. And Ice's best friend's nickname was Frosty. Seriously...do you not just love those names?!?!? *LOL*

But, Desire Unleashed was a story about two unexpected hearts finding each other. Kathy Bellamy and Shane "Ice" Jackson are likeable and well suited for each other. She is his perfect, and opposite, match in ever sense of the word. She is hard to his soft; sweet to his gruff; and forever to his casual. How'd that work out for them? Steamily!!! This is a must read book for anyone looking for a sizzling romance with an story...and not just "a" story...a well done story. I definitely appreciate how Macadam wove in the different elements about Kathy's stalker. You just didn't know who he was until the end. Sick man!

I also figured out the other "hidden" story element fairly early on but I like how it worked out and how Ice ended up coming for his girl at the end of the story.

All-in-all, Desire Unleashed was very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire Unleashed.

May 31, 2013 – Started Reading
May 31, 2013 – Shelved
May 31, 2013 –
May 31, 2013 –
June 1, 2013 –
65.0% "This is actually very good. SEALs...who doesn't love a good commando."
June 1, 2013 –
June 1, 2013 – Shelved as: 4-star-read
June 1, 2013 – Shelved as: men-in-uniform
June 1, 2013 – Shelved as: liquid-silver
June 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Layne (new)

Layne Macadam Thanks so much for the review. Much appreciated.