destini mia's Reviews > Come Alive

Come Alive by Karina Halle

May 31, 2013

“I love you, I’ve loved you from the very start. And… sometimes I think I can’t possibly love you more. And then I do.”
DexPerryAwesome buddy read with the girls:Kristalia ❄Vilda ❄Georgia ❄Debra ❄Catarina ❄Fathima Let me know if I forgot someone!!Karina Halle totally outdid herself! Amazing, spectacular, out of this world read. She completely blew this one out of the park. Awesome book + awesome buddy read= Dex finally got a whole book and it was He was just so… Dex. You know?
“What did the candles smell like?” she asked. Was she kidding me?“Like Eau du Zombie. I don't know.”“Dex, get the hell off me,” Maximus grunted in my ear. “Oh yeah, you like that don’t you, baby,” I said with a grin.
Dex and Perry’s relationship was such a joy to read. There was humor
“We can go steady and you can wear my letterman jacket.”“Ooooh, maybe,” she said playfully. “What letter is on it?”“No letter, just a picture of a cock.”She snorted. “Of course there is.”“It's a rooster, you pervert.”She eyed me dryly. “Oh yeah? Why a rooster?”“It symbolizes my cock. Can't love me without loving cock.”
and definitely a lot of panty incinerating moments
“Baby, the first chance I get, I'm going to fuck the shit out of you,” I growled.She smiled coyly, her eyes twinkling. “I think it's called making love now.”“Then I'm fucking making love the shit out of you.”
but Dex also knew how to bring tears to my eyes.
I had trouble even looking at her face without getting lost in the beauty, lost in the feelings, the love I had for her.

I realized it didn’t mean anything without Perry by my side. She was my reason for living. She was the reason I’d come alive in the first place.
However, Karina Halle didn’t make it easy for them. As in, prepare yourself. She really put them, and me, through hell. Soul-crushing hell. And Dex and the whole thing with his mom broke my heart. You could see how broken and lost he was. Really, you got to see how lost and broken everyone was.
… all I wanted was for both of us to live. With each other. Until we were old and grey.
Max: I was still really pissed off at him for being an asshole, but once I saw Dex getting to work on him, I just couldn’t stay mad. The insults thrown at him were hilarious!! We got fuck face, ginger balls, fire pubes, and one of my favorites, Vegetable Lasagna You also learn a little more about him and part of me even sympathized with him a little. Now, that doesn’t mean that I like him, because the jury’s still out on that one. And, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I EFFING KNEW IT!! I mean, it was a little ‘in your face’ obvious. You can’t go through the whole series and just be, like “Wow, look at how practically half the characters in the book have some form of Jacob in their name. That isn’t odd it all, it must be a coincidence. Maximus Jacobs. Purely coincidental. “ As for the actual story, prepare yourself for that too because I practically peed myself. It was creepy and scary. There were haunted houses, ghost, and… ZOMBIES!!!! Yayyy!! Isn’t it awesome? Just fabulous?…No one… okay then.
“You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time.
And the ending!! How PERFECT!! Rebecca joining and making the “threesome”, Perry staying, and the RING Karin Halle, And for those of you who haven’t read the series, you must. You have no idea what your missing out one because** I just had to add this gif 'cause it reminded me of Dex ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Alive.

May 31, 2013 – Shelved
May 31, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 23, 2013 – Started Reading
June 23, 2013 –
0.0% "Life getting in the way of reading sucks but I can finally FINALLY start this!! \n "
June 23, 2013 –
18.0% "Oh Dex *sob* \n I hate to see him hurting.\n "
June 23, 2013 –
18.0% ""Your a pig."\n "And you're the shit this pig used to roll around in."\n "
June 23, 2013 –
23.0% ""We can go steady and you can wear my letterman jacket."\n "Ooooh, maybe," she said playfully. "What letter is on it?"\n "No letter, just a picture of a cock."\n She snorted. "Of course there is."\n "It's a rooster, you pervert."\n She eyed me dryly. "Oh yeah? Why a rooster?"\n "It symbolizes my cock. Can't love me without loving cock."\n \n Only Dex..."
June 23, 2013 –
43.0% "Wars are started over love, people are killed over love, lives are ruined over love.\n \n Crap, crap, crap, and crap on a stick. \n This is really bad."
June 24, 2013 –
43.0% "\n \n Onto the haunted house..."
June 24, 2013 –
55.0% " "What did the candles smell like?" she asked. \n Was she kidding me?\n "Like Eau du Zombie. I don't know."\n \n LOL"
June 24, 2013 –
57.0% "Please no. Please, please, please, please no."
June 24, 2013 –
68.0% "I'm not liking this Ambrosia bitch. \n "
June 24, 2013 –
69.0% " NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONNONONONNONONONONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!! "
June 24, 2013 –
75.0% "I F*CKING KNEW IT!!"
87.0% "What the hell?"
June 24, 2013 –
90.0% " "Baby, the first chance I get, I'm going to fuck the shit out of you," I growled.\n She smiled coyly, her eyes twinkling. "I think it's called making love now."\n "Then I'm fucking making love the shit out of you."\n \n Just the right about of mushiness and Dex charm..."
June 24, 2013 –
100.0% " AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Review to come when I can find the words to do this book justice."
June 24, 2013 – Finished Reading

destini mia Vilda wrote: "Lovelovelove the review, Destini!!! This one is seriously the best book in the series. I am so sad it's all over now. *sniff* Love your gifs and quotes. :D And it definitely was an awesome buddy re..."

Thank you so much, love!! And this one is definitely a favorite out of all of them, for me too. Dex is just too perfect to give anything but 5 stars.
And the buddy read was amazing :)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Destini :))

destini mia Pavlina wrote: "Wonderful review Destini :))"

Thank you so much, Pavlina!! :D

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Awesome review!

destini mia Lisa wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thank you, Lisa!! :D

Kristalia I WUV your review sweetie <3
it's fantastic!
Eau du Zombie part cracked me up :D

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Fantastic review, Destini! So glad you love this series x

Catarina Great review, hon :D

destini mia Kristalia (◡‿◡✿) wrote: "I WUV your review sweetie <3
it's fantastic!
Eau du Zombie part cracked me up :D"

Thank you!! Practically everything Dex said had me in tears ;)

destini mia Rosalinda wrote: "Fantastic review, Destini! So glad you love this series x"

Thanks Rosalinda!! I didn't like it too much in the beginning, but I'm glad I decided to keep reading them :D

destini mia Catarina wrote: "Great review, hon :D"

Thanks a lot, sweetie :)

Fathima Awesome review hon !!!! Love it ! :D

destini mia Fathima wrote: "Awesome review hon !!!! Love it ! :D"

Thanks sweetie!! Looking forward to seeing what you think :D

♥ Becky  22 Great review Destini!!!! :) <3

destini mia ♥ Becky 22 wrote: "Great review Destini!!!! :) <3"

Thanks so much, hun!! :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ #speechless
Amazing review, love! We had so much fun!!

destini mia Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "#speechless
Amazing review, love! We had so much fun!!"

Lol, thanks so much, hun!! :)
And we did!! Nothing like sharing the Dex love!! ;)

Debra Spectacular review Destini!!! Love it ♥

destini mia Debra wrote: "Spectacular review Destini!!! Love it ♥"

Thanks so much, Debra!! :) ♥

message 20: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hilarious and awesome review Destini! Love the quotes! <3

destini mia Sandra wrote: "Hilarious and awesome review Destini! Love the quotes! <3"

Aww, thanks so much, sweetie!! ♥

destini mia Soraya Naomi wrote: "Hi Destini, nice to meet you! I just finished Branded, and really enjoyed the story!!

Great review on D&P ;-)"

Hey Soraya, I'm glad you liked the story!! :)
And thanks!!

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝ Such a brilliant review hun. Flove your pictures!!

destini mia Daisy wrote: "Such a brilliant review hun. Flove your pictures!!"

Thank you, sweetie!! ♥

message 25: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Love your review!!!! ❤

destini mia Lisa Jayne wrote: "Love your review!!!! ❤"

Thanks so much, angel!! :D

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Amazing review, Destini :) (view spoiler)

destini mia ☆Sammy☆ALPHAholic☆彡 wrote: "Amazing review, Destini :) [spoilers removed]"

Thanks so much, Sammy!! (view spoiler)

message 29: by xrysa (new) - added it

xrysa This is the best cast EVER!! Great review hun!!

destini mia kristina wrote: "This is the best cast EVER!! Great review hun!!"

Aww, thanks so much, love!! ♥

Raquel Love your casting!!! Especially Dex, that's exactly how I'd picture him.

destini mia Raquel wrote: "Love your casting!!! Especially Dex, that's exactly how I'd picture him."

Thank you Raquel!! It took forever to find who I wanted, but when I saw him I thought he was perfect as Dex :D

Raquel He really is perfect. I keep looking at some pictures for the other reviews and they look too good, too boy next door. This one is perfect. So is the girl for Perry. I saw someone put Zooey Deschanel for Perry. I thought that was really off at least in my head. :)

destini mia Raquel wrote: "He really is perfect. I keep looking at some pictures for the other reviews and they look too good, too boy next door. This one is perfect. So is the girl for Perry. I saw someone put Zooey Desch..."

At first I though my Dex was a little too serious and depressing but I used him anyways 'cause he still he felt right.
Perry was also hard to find because the model I used is older so I had to search for a younger photo.

Angie **loves angst** Awesome review Destinin. Your Dex is absolutely perfect!

destini mia Angie wrote: "Awesome review Destinin. Your Dex is absolutely perfect!"

Thank you, Angie!! ♥