Marianne's Reviews > Sweet Disgrace

Sweet Disgrace by Cherrie Lynn

bookshelves: angels, demons-devils-gargoyles, paranormal-romance, hot-badboys, favorites

As far as greetings go, Damael’s customary ”hello, sweet angel” should be totally acceptable, even charming. Unfortunately, he is never met with anything but scorn from the female he’s been crushing on for eons. Of course, that could be because he’s a demon, while the object of his affection is, indeed, an angel.

Whenever they meet, they’re on opposing sides. Celeste’s trying to save humans who have, or are about to sign their souls over to demons. People like Adam, whose 20 years in the public limelight, is almost up.

Unfortunately, Celeste is once again up against one of Hell’s best negotiators. Damael, the foul minion from Hell. And she’s so desperately tired of losing. How could she possibly reject Damael’s offer to release his soul, in exchange for one scorching hot and sinful night with Celeste?

Sweet Disgrace has been one of my favorite PNR novellas from the moment I first read the story. And I’ve re-read it several times since. It’s not just the forbidden love aspect and the feelings they’ve both denied for so long. It’s the self sacrifice people, and, it would seem, even demons would go to for the person they love. Sweet Disgrace is the ultimate story of how opposites attract, and I’m really glad I found it. I'm not saying it's terribly original. This is a classic bad boy meets sweet girl story, but what can I say? It worked for me:-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Disgrace.

May 30, 2013 – Shelved