Crystal Marie's Reviews > Skinny Bitch in Love

Skinny Bitch in Love by Kim Barnouin

it was ok

I think I am like most readers when it comes to picking out novels, if the title sounds interesting, you can count on me to read it! And with a title like “Skinny Bitch in Love”, of course I’m going to want to find out about this book.
First off, let me say that I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Everything that I do say here is my personal opinion, so if I offend you I am truly sorry.
While the title of this book lead me to believe that it was going to be funny, in all honesty there were parts of this book that I had a WTF look on my face I am sure. From the start of the book, Clementine’s character explains that if you don’t eat vegan you are filling your body with “crap”. I do understand that people have their own beliefs when it comes to what you should eat, but during the course of this book, I felt as though I was being preached at because of my eating habits.
The back and forth arguments and then makeups between Clementine and Zach were very…. Boring and annoying to say the least. When it came to their relationship, they would have an argument never want to talk to each other again, and then a few days later make up. It was as though they couldn’t decide if they wanted to be together or not.
The only part of this book that I did actually enjoy was the fact that Clementine showed her determination to do what she wanted to do, without help from anyone else. She wanted to open her own restaurant, and she did that without accepting handouts from Zach.
I have to say overall I was greatly disappointed with this book, and I wanted to stop reading it several times. However I forced myself to finish because I knew I couldn’t give an honest review if I stopped halfway through it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch in Love.

Started Reading
May 29, 2013 – Shelved
May 29, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Martina I felt the same way about the whole veganism aspect of tbe book. I'm also glad that I'm not the only who noticed that Clem and Zach's ridiculous fighting, breaking up, and reuniting all within like 3 days of ravisher.

Martina 3 days of eachother* silly autocorrect