Marina's Reviews > Departures: Seven Stories from Heathrow

Departures by Tony Parsons

F 50x66

Visiting the book fair last month, I’ve found this small book. I like Tony Parsons a lot, and I was wondering how I didn’t know about this book. I’ve found out that he spent seven days at Heathrow as official airport writer just to write these seven heart-warming stories of life.

Departures is a book made of seven stories. I’ve never been at Heathrow before, but these stories made me feel like I’ve always been there.

There is a boy who likes to watch the airplanes leaving and coming.

There is green airplane used for practice in case of fire.

There is a woman who works at customs, a man who takes care for the animals traveling across the world, a guy who takes care for the birds in front of the plane.

There is a whole city inside the airport. People coming and leaving, people saying goodbye, people welcoming their friends and families. Brides coming to marry Prince Harry, smugglers of drugs and jewelry. The stuff that works here has seen everything.

I don’t know how to write a review for a collection of stories, and not a novel. But I hope that you will enjoy this book as much as I did. It’s short and it won’t take much of your time. I recommend it for everyone. If you don’t trust me, trust Tony Parsons. I always enjoy reading his heart-warming books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Departures.

Started Reading