Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > The Wrong Girl

The Wrong Girl by C.J. Archer

This was one fantastic read! A really fascinating story which I couldn't put down, so this is easily a 5 stars.

The characters really came to life for me, and there was plenty of mystery and drama, and even a spark of romance.

Hannah was loyal and strong, Jack was headstrong and Sylvia? Well, I still think she's hiding something. Bollard was creepy and more than a little scary.

The twists in this book are excellent and I wasn't even expecting most of them. It's great to be surprised by a book, by the way the plot is woven, especially when there are so few original ideas out there. I don't know if this book will be to everyone's tastes, but I freaking love it, it's an excellent start to the series which I know I will continue reading.

I am now more eager than ever to read C.J. Archer's Emily Chambers series, that little reference has got me intrigued. Thank goodness I already have the first book!

I don't understand the cover though, isn't Hannah a fiery red-head?

I received a copy of this for free via NetGalley for review purposes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Girl.

May 29, 2013 – Started Reading
May 29, 2013 – Shelved
May 31, 2013 –
12.0% "An interesting start, I like the writing style. Not sure whether I like Hannah yet."
May 31, 2013 –
19.0% "They got the wrong girl! I'm loving this so far, much more than I thought I would."
May 31, 2013 –
83.0% "I am enjoying this book far more than I thought I would. Lots of mystery, a spark of romance, and plenty of twists and turns."
May 31, 2013 –
91.0% "Oh this story better return to Windamere, or I'll not be a happy bunny. THAT can't just be ignored."
June 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ I love this cover, but I guess it doesn't represent the protag accurately? Still love it. :) Great review, Cora Linn. I'll have to check this out.

Cora Tea Party Princess Nothing like her haha, don't even think it resembles anyone in the book..?

message 3: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t good review.

Cora Tea Party Princess Pat wrote: "good review."

Thanks :)

message 5: by April (new)

April Wood Great review. I agree, it makes me batty when the cover doesn't represent the story accurately; in this case the character's hair...

Cora Tea Party Princess April wrote: "Great review. I agree, it makes me batty when the cover doesn't represent the story accurately; in this case the character's hair..."

And yeah, I still don't like the cover. Gorgeous as it is it doesn't suit the book.

message 7: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Name you said 'spark' of romance lol

message 8: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Name what if the girl on the cover is violet??