Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*'s Reviews > Tipping the Velvet

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters

bookshelves: erotica, sarah-waters, lgbt, netgalley

...'we were girls with curious histories – girls with pasts like boxes with ill-fitting lids.'

My lid has never seemed to fit properly!

This is a I can't possibly review this review.

Sarah Waters can do no wrong in my eyes. She could publish her shopping list and I'd give it five stars.

Every book I've read by this author (all of them) pleases me like nothing else. I'm sure her pen, laptop or notebook is really some kind of magic paintbrush that comes pre-installed with genius edition software for which she alone knows the password.

Tipping the Velvet is perfection. Sarah has an incredible ability at sucking me in, chewing me up, and spitting me out. I feel satisfied, yet longing for more. I need more, Sarah, write more, write fifty more.

I'm invested in all her characters one hundred percent, I feel for them, I want to be their friend, I want to tell them it'll be alright and pass them a smoke and appreciate their taste in attire, without judgement.

I can't review this! I feel as though I'm not worthy or wordy enough!

I am suffering from the biggest book hangover ever. Send help.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tipping the Velvet.

May 29, 2013 – Shelved as: erotica
May 29, 2013 – Shelved
May 29, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 13, 2014 – Shelved as: sarah-waters
June 11, 2016 – Shelved as: lgbt
December 6, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 9, 2018 – Started Reading
March 9, 2018 –
6.0% "Grrr...I want to carry on reading this until I finish it, but alas, I have to get ready to go out and do that annoying socialising thing this evening! 😑"
March 14, 2018 –
March 14, 2018 –
March 15, 2018 –
38.0% "Noooooooo! 😱😭"
March 19, 2018 –
March 20, 2018 –
March 21, 2018 –
69.0% "Part 3. THIS IS THE LAST SARAH WATERS BOOK I HAVE LEFT AND I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!! 😭😭😭😭😭"
March 28, 2018 –
95.0% "Noooo... I'm heading towards the end! 😭 Never have I tried to make a book last so long!"
March 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* The last Sarah Waters' novel I have left to read! I absolutely LOVE this author and I already know I'm going to LOVE this book. 💗📖💗

Maureen Great review Lisa, love that you'd give her shopping list 5 stars!😂