Kathleen's Reviews > Texas Hold 'Em

Heat Level ~ 2.5 Stars
Action Level ~ 5 Stars
End Rating ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

Texas Hold 'Em was an action packed thrill ride that kept me glued to the pages and gave me hard a very hard time putting the book down. The story revolves around Timothy Santos who is deep undercover in a motorcycle gang along with his team to locate and take down the leader of a drug cartel.

The story takes place in West Texas near the Border of Mexico. Rose Renwick is the Sheriff in this area and also Santo's ex girlfriend. He shows up just in time to help save her while she is under attack. He's hoping she can help him locate her mother who has been reported being a love interest of Ortega the drug cartel leader that Santo's and his Smoking Aces Motorcycle Gang is trying to apprehend. As the story moves along, we find out that there is more than one drug cartel in the area that they need to deal with. It also seems that someone is trying to take out Rose but she manages to escape each time with the help from Santo's.

At first Rose denies her feeling for Santos but as they join teams to find her mother and cross the border into Mexico looking for leads and finding only dead bodies, she finally gives in and they end up spending the night together making love all night long. Rose made certain that Santos knew that she only wanted this to be a no strings attachment night. He accepts this but deep inside he knew that he wanted more. I have to say that I was waiting for this to happen, I could feel the heat and tension between these two so I was waiting on the love scenes to start up. I was a bit disappointed when they finally landed in bed because I was looking for a scorching love scene and did not get one. This is my only complaint on the book and just because it's my preference to read scorching love scenes it really did not take away from my overall enjoyment of this book. What it lacked in steam it gave 100% back in the action.

There are no sugar coated scenes in this book and it plays out just the way it would happen when crossing motorcycle gangs and drug cartels. Some of the scenes were very brutal and quite graphic. This added an authenticity to the story that made the book more believable.

Near the end, they do catch up with one of the drug cartel leaders. This villain was a real nasty piece of work and I was riveted to the pages waiting on his demise.

The story ends up with Santos and Rose finally realizing that they are very much in love, It also leaves a few loose ends with one of the drug lords still at large. This is a really good set up for the next book, Follow the Cowboy. I look forwards to reading about how Rose's deputy, Kingston Landry story plays out.

*A copy of this book was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for and honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Hold 'Em.

May 28, 2013 – Started Reading
May 28, 2013 – Shelved
May 28, 2013 –
1.0% "Oh Yeah! Motorcycle Romance here I come!"
May 28, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Gina (new) - added it