Kelly 's Reviews > The Summer Garden

The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons

Jul 08, 2009

bookshelves: 2010-read, favorites, 2012, 2013, historical-romance, own, reread, series, want-to-re-read
Read from January 21 to 24, 2010

While this book is my favorite from the series it is also the most difficult emotionally to read. Tatiana and Alexander embark on a journey that is life.. Trying to put themselves back together as individuals as well as lovers.

So many twists and turns in this one. I can only say if you haven't read it run out and buy it! (if you can find it in the U.S.) Perfect closure to a wonderful series.

Alexander will break your heart but I found that I would allow it to break 100x just to find the love that he and Tatiana share.

My favorite quote shows Tatiana's capacity for love and forgiveness and Alexanders devotion and love for her. Amazing!

"Alexander, you broke my heart. But for carrying me on your back, for pulling my dying sled, for giving me your last bread, for the body you destroyed for me, for the son you have given me, for the twenty-nine days we lived like Red Birds of Paradise, for all our Naples sands and Napa wines, for all the days you have been my first and last breath, for Orbeli- I will forgive you. "

*In June of 2011 a new edition was released you can find it at Amazon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Garden.

01/21/2010 page 10
1.35% "Only on page 10 and my heart is bleeding for Tatiana and Alexander. I'm off to get the tissues." 1 comment
01/21/2010 page 53
7.14% "I have to put this down.... I have been holding my breath for the last 43 pages!"
01/22/2010 page 235
31.67% "oh dear Alexander and Tatiana."
01/23/2010 page 235
31.67% "I let you go once. This time we live together or we die together..... Alexander"
01/24/2010 page 602
81.13% "can't stop reading. can't stop thinking about Tatia and Alexander. It's like another Outlander for me."
10/31/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/31/2013
15.0% "I'm gutted! Dear Shura and Tatiana."
11/08/2013
15.0% "1000 Orbeli's, yes I have faith! This is still the most amazing love story ever!!!"
11/08/2013 marked as: read

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I've yet to start this series. I hope to do so very soon.

Kelly It is amazing!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am brand new to good reads, but this was the first series I entered on my "favorites" shelf and it brought me to your review. I am so thrilled to see someone else has traveled this same epic journey with Tatiana and Alexander, who i think of as real people. I *love* the quote you chose in your review. That scene just kills me every time!

message 4: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Nov 25, 2010 04:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Kelly! I didn't read the quote, though. I'll come back to it after I've read TSG.

Kelly Thanks Kira and LJ

This is by far my favorite love story!

Orbeli!

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ My copy has yet to arrive from Amazon UK. I ordered it on Dec 28th and may I just say I am in no way enjoying this lesson in patience.

Kelly I have other GR friends that are awaiting the arrival of TSG.

It is perhaps my favorite of the series. Hope yours arrives soon. Let me know what you think when you are finished.

message 8: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy I ordered my copy from Amazon UK last week; I hope it arrives soon because I'm losing patience, rather I never had any!

message 9: by Liseth (new) - added it

Liseth van der Biest Does anyone knows where can I read it online??? cuz I read almost all the book... till Anthony is missing and cant wait to finish it.... the one I was reading was borrowed

Christine I just read that part last night and I was so mad at Alexander.. omg.. but you never know what life's gonna throw at you.. I loved what Tatiana said as well.

Soumaya Wonderful review. Exactly what I felt. Shura broke all of our hearts, but he will always be our soldier. But that quote you put in your review...well chosen.

message 12: by kathrine (new)

kathrine Soumaya wrote: "Wonderful review. Exactly what I felt. Shura broke all of our hearts, but he will always be our soldier. But that quote you put in your review...well chosen."

Thanks Soumaya! :)

message 13: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane <3

Rose from Chapter Break I need to revisit this series. I do not remember liking this book as much as the first two

Kelly Rose wrote: "I need to revisit this series. I do not remember liking this book as much as the first two"

I reread it and it is just as emotional every time. Still my all time love story. I actually fell for Anthony the last read and wish Paulinna would write him a story.

message 16: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Wonderful review. I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for sharing that quote. It's my favorite too...I had a royal sob after I read that the first time!