Book of Secrets's Reviews > Finding Colin Firth

Finding Colin Firth by Mia March

4.25 Stars → Three women, Bea, Veronica, and Gemma, experience a life-changing summer when Colin Firth comes to town to film a movie. I wasn't sure what to expect in this book, but what I found was a heartwarming story about motherhood, identity, loss, family, and magical elixir pies.

What's really at the heart of this book is Hope Home, a refuge for pregnant teens near Boothbay Harbor, Maine, that's approaching its 50-year anniversary. Veronica was a resident 22 years ago, and she gave up her baby for adoption, hoping for a better life for her daughter than she could give. Bea has just recently found out that Veronica is her birth mother, and she's come to town to learn her history. Gemma is at a turning point in her life, newly unemployed and pregnant, and doing a freelance story on Hope Home. She's conflicted about motherhood and at odds with her husband about how and where to raise their child.

I enjoyed and connected to all of the characters, and their conflicts were realistic and emotional ones. Lovely Maine setting too. FINDING COLIN FIRTH is a wonderful summer read with depth and heart. Enjoyed!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Colin Firth.

May 27, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
June 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Aranda You’ve sold me on giving this book a shot.

message 2: by Kat (new)