Brooke Hargett's Reviews > Brainrush

Brainrush by Richard Bard

May 27, 2013

This book is the definition of a thriller! It reminded me of watching 24, and it would be 3 in the morning but I couldn't stop. Richard Bard delivers in his debut novel! The second book, "The Enemy of my Enemy" is already out, and the third book, "Beyond Judgement," is being released July 2nd!

The premise deals with the idea of having untapped abilities in our minds that can be unlocked. Jake Bronson is undergoing an MRI for terminal cancer when something happens that ignites amazing new abilities. The antagonist, Luciano Battista wants to cultivate an army of super jihadist agents, including Jake. As you can imagine, Jake isn't going down without a fight.

I recommend you have some time to read when you pick this up, because you won't put it down! This would make an amazing movie. I think this book is especially enticing for male readers- and would be a perfect read for a summer vacation. As a woman I also loved it, but I'm always looking for things I can recommend with confidence to male readers, and this is one!

I think its good to know that there are slight supernatural elements- I always want to know that going in, so that I can wrap my mind around everything without any snags in suspending my belief. I listened to the audioversion of this and RC Bray does a fantastic job! I will definitely be picking up book 2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brainrush.

May 27, 2013 – Shelved