Laura's Reviews > Strong Enough

Strong Enough by Ellen Harger

liked it

I initially picked this book because it sounded like something I could relate to. A midwest gal who has burned some bridges along the way? Sounds familiar.

The book itself has a good plot. An average, everyday girl is trying to make a name for herself after what was a rather rocky exit from her hometown. She is joined by two college "friends," as well as the men in their lives and friends of friends. You follow Whitney through her life and all of the different events that occur in her life.

Ellen Harger is very descriptive. There are many different characters that are introduced early on in the book. I often had a hard time following who we were talking about and who some of the various characters are. I wouldn't say the book is poorly written, I just didn't connect with it very well. There are a lot of words, but I didn't really feel like I knew what was going on in the character's heads. It took me until about half way through to really feel like I wanted to continue and find out where the story was going to take me.

Strong Enough is definitely a good story about an average, everyday girl finding her way. I just didn't ever feel there was a climactic point or something that made me want to continue on. I kept waiting to be sucked in and never really was.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strong Enough.

Finished Reading