Wendy's Reviews > Wilde Nights in Paradise

Wilde Nights in Paradise by Tonya Burrows

bookshelves: men-in-uniform, romantic-suspense, kindle

Ex-navy man Jude Wilde has a silver tongue, with a cocky, devil may care attitude. He has been called upon to provide protection for his ex-fiancé Elizabeth Pruitt, who has a stalker on her tail. As much as they deny it, can they douse the flames that are still burning bright between them?

He held out a hand and wiggled his fingers. "So how about it? Ready for our next adventure?"

"Probably not." She popped one more slice of melon in her mouth before accepting his hand. "But someone has to keep you out of trouble."

And there it was, that quick, rabble-inducing grin again. "Aw babe," he said and pulled her to her feet. "Impossible task. Trouble and me, we go way back."

This is a quick fun read. More of a contemporary read as it was light on the romantic suspense. Although a little predictable, it didn’t take away from the story and I found it quite enjoyable. There’s nothing better than a hero that shows his vulnerable side. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wilde Nights in Paradise.

May 26, 2013 – Shelved
May 26, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 10, 2013 – Shelved as: men-in-uniform
June 10, 2013 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense
June 10, 2013 – Shelved as: kindle
June 11, 2013 –
18.0% "Ex navy man, tattoo, great smile with dimples?! Heck...I think my undies just melted. *sigh*"
Started Reading
June 12, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Wendy BamaGal wrote: "Great review, Wendy. I saw this at Netgalley and was tempted to grab it, as I really enjoyed her SEAL of Honor. I just wasn't really sure I'd have the time to ever get around to reading it, tho."

Thanks Naysa. This was quite witty and a light read. What I did forget to mention was that you get a glimpse of a character they were talking about in SEAL of Honor in the beginning. I think you will enjoy it.

Wendy Lol, I know exactly what you mean.

Wendy Kellie wrote: "Great review, Wendy!! Adding it!"

Thanks Kels!

message 4: by Tonya (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tonya Burrows Yes, this is definitely more contemporary than romantic suspense, which was a BIG challenge for me to write. But fun! Jude kept me...er, entertained...throughout the whole process. LOL

Thanks for the review! :D

Wendy Tonya wrote: "Yes, this is definitely more contemporary than romantic suspense, which was a BIG challenge for me to write. But fun! Jude kept me...er, entertained...throughout the whole process. LOL

Thanks for ..."

Hi Tonya. Yes this is definitely fun and witty. LOL, Jude is absolutely gorgeous. He's got that cocky personality, but love his soft side too. :)

And you're welcome.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nice review, Wendy! I'm tempted, as I enjoyed SEAL of Honor. We'll see...

message 7: by Karla (new)

Karla Well done Wendy!

Wendy UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Nice review, Wendy! I'm tempted, as I enjoyed SEAL of Honor. We'll see..."

Thanks Dhes! LOL, the temptation is always there isn't it?

Wendy Karla wrote: "Well done Wendy!"

Thanks Karla!

message 10: by Jill (new)

Jill Nice one, Wen! Wasn't too impressed with TB's debut but will check this out. :)

Wendy Jill wrote: "Nice one, Wen! Wasn't too impressed with TB's debut but will check this out. :)"

Thanks Jilly! No probs. :)

message 12: by Carisa (new)

Carisa Very good review Wendy!

Wendy Carisa wrote: "Very good review Wendy!"

Thanks Carisa. :)