Delight's Reviews > Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals

Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin

F 50x66
Jul 07, 2009

I really enjoyed this book anout the emotional lives of animals. I've long admired Temple Grandin, her research, and her commitment to making the best life for animals while acknowledging that a vegetarian world is not realistic. Thousands of pigs, cows, and hopefully chickens can thank Grandin for easing the trauma of slaughter. And if you dislike McDonald's or Wendy's, you should know that they have forced their suppliers to work with Grandin to establish standards for the treatment of the animals. But back to this book...one thing that I really appreciate about this book is that it's research based. Sure, it's warm and fuzzy when you're talking about the emotions of animals, but this warm and fuzzy is based on studies. I loved the section about dogs and now realize that for my dog the anticipation is just as good, if not better, as getting what he's anticipating. This is a great read for people who really dig animals, and even those who don't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals Make Us Human.