Jennifer Garcia's Reviews > Quentins

Quentins by Maeve Binchy

bookshelves: 2013, 2013-rom-read-challenge

This was a great story of many lives, as Maeve Binchy does it, and many wonderful moments as well as heartbreaking ones. Familiar characters visit in this story and we get those wonderful little twins again. The new characters introduced were wonderfully done and learning more about the more familiar ones fed my never ending need to know more.

Ella believed she fell in love with a married man and that he loved her. Turns out he was quite the con-artist, liar, and crazy person. The chaos he caused not only to her but to so many others was rough on everyone. But Ella survives after much heartache and learns that friendship before love is very important.

The story is really based around the well known and frequented restaurant Quentins. In learning the history of the restaurant we learn the story of quite a few of its customers and how Quentins was an important part of their lives.

I think I may have liked this Binchy book the best so far. I think my only problem is they usually end when the main character finds her true love. Need to see if there are more books that visit these characters. :)

If you'd like to see more reviews please go to Italian Brat's Obsessions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quentins.

May 25, 2013 – Shelved