Susan (susayq ~)'s Reviews > My Lady Quicksilver

My Lady Quicksilver by Bec McMaster

bookshelves: 2013books, angstfest, favorites, historical-romance, nbrc-team-tower, older-hero

Oh my! I loved this one! In my humble opinion, the best of the series. Sir Jasper Lynch, THE Nighthawk, was the type of hero I adore. He was strong, handsome, protective, and guarded his heart and his secrets until Rosa got to him. Rosa's secrets were more dangerous than his, and my heart broke a little more each time I saw them getting closer, knowing it would kill him when he finally found out.

This had me captivated so much that it wasn't until I finished the book that I realized we didn't even see Blade and Honoria. In fact, there was only a few brief references to him. Lena made a short appearance, but no one else that we've seen before, except Barrons. I'm dying for him to get his own book. Speaking of books, if you are reading this, Ms. McMaster, please, please, please write Perry and Garrett's book. I'm begging.

I would gladly go preorder the next in the series, but sadly, it isn't listed on Amazon yet. As soon as it is, it will be clicked :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Lady Quicksilver.

May 23, 2013 – Shelved
May 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 1, 2013 – Started Reading
October 3, 2013 –
24.0% "Might we see a Perry and Garrett book if Garrett survives?"
October 3, 2013 –
32.0% "I'm absolutely loving Rosa and Jasper together!"
October 4, 2013 –
45.0% "The questions and button undoing is rather steamy."
October 5, 2013 –
54.0% "I am loving Jasper."
October 5, 2013 –
76.0% "The secret is out! This is so good!"
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013books
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: angstfest
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: historical-romance
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: nbrc-team-tower
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: older-hero
October 5, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Jenny Me too!

Susan (susayq ~) Jenny wrote: "Me too!"

How far along are you?

ShoSho I don't have it yet, Kobo doesn't have it yet. I don't want to buy it from amazon!

Susan (susayq ~) ShoSho wrote: "I don't have it yet, Kobo doesn't have it yet. I don't want to buy it from amazon!"

I had forgotten about it cause I preordered it when I finished the last one. I'm loving it!

Jenny ShoSho wrote: "I don't have it yet, Kobo doesn't have it yet. I don't want to buy it from amazon!"

I got it from the Sourcebooks bookclub: http://www.discoveranewlove.com/store/

I'm not opposed to buying it from Amazon, but the deal was better there. I bought the 6 credits for $10. So I got this one and then I'll get 5 other "selected" books over the coming months.

Jenny Susan (susayq) wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Me too!"

How far along are you?"

I'm about 30%ish. I don't recall exactly at the moment, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Now I just need more time to read it.

Susan (susayq ~) I'm about at the same place. I need more time to read it too. I hope to finish it this weekend, but I don't know. I'm headed to the library for an audiobook so I can listen to something while I grade papers lol

Jenny I'm not there yet and it's making me sad. I want to know what happens! Must keep reading.

Susan (susayq ~) Jenny wrote: "I'm not there yet and it's making me sad. I want to know what happens! Must keep reading."

It is so very good! The best in the series, in my opinion.

Jenny Oooo, your review is up! I'm not reading it yet because I haven't finished so I'll be back to check it out. Yay that you loved it!

Susan (susayq ~) Jenny wrote: "Oooo, your review is up! I'm not reading it yet because I haven't finished so I'll be back to check it out. Yay that you loved it!"

so, so good!

Jenny SUSAN! I LOVED IT! Soooo good. I definitely need a book about Garrett and Perry. And I still desperately want a book about Barrons.

Susan (susayq ~) Jenny wrote: "SUSAN! I LOVED IT! Soooo good. I definitely need a book about Garrett and Perry. And I still desperately want a book about Barrons."

I know! I am kind of sad that I read it so quickly lol I may have to reread it very soon :)

ShoSho You 2 are killing me! So many books to read. So many buddy reads!

Susan (susayq ~) ShoSho wrote: "You 2 are killing me! So many books to read. So many buddy reads!"

It's hard to choose what to read next lol

Jenny I tweeted the author to tell her I loved the book and she said "you may get your wish in regards to Garrett and Perry." So that sounds promising!

Susan (susayq ~) Jenny wrote: "I tweeted the author to tell her I loved the book and she said "you may get your wish in regards to Garrett and Perry." So that sounds promising!"

Yippee!!!!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) Love this series and this one was the best yet!

Susan (susayq ~) Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Love this series and this one was the best yet!"

I think it was the best one yet,too!