Abby McCarthy's Reviews > Darkness Before Dawn

Darkness Before Dawn by Claire Contreras

Read 2 times. Last read May 23, 2013.

This ARC was provided by author for honest review

Abby's Review 5 outstanding fabulous stars

Wow! From the beginning I was so caught up in this. I do wish that I reread There is No Light In Darkness to refresh my memory before I cracked this open. It starts off exactly where the last book left off. Blake is being held. As her captors have her, you feel her heart breaking. You want to protect her, but although she is heart broken being away from Cole, you can feel her strength.

Cole, OH my effin God! He is in so much pain with Blake being gone. I cried for his pain. But in all of his pain you see this vulnerability. He is this fiercely masculine, protective, sexy man. Where Blake is concerned he is not afraid to show his emotions.

This is a man that you could easily see laying his life on the line for his woman. I have no doubt in my mind that he loves her more than air. The way that Claire Contreras wrote Cole, makes you fall in love with him a bit. I feel like this is a man that will spend his whole life showing Blake how much he loves her.

This story and the story before have elements that not a ton of other stories have. It is unique. There is a mob element to it that is fascinating and leaves you thinking about all kinds of future developments that could happen. Claire says this is the last, although I truly hope it's not the last we will hear from these characters.

This story can be violent and raw. It also has you on the edge of your seat holding on as you're along for the ride.

My favorite thing in this story, the ending. It did something that not a lot of stories can do for me. It had me crying big fat happy tears. Tears that made my heart grow a little bigger with the love that is here. The words that are spoken, first between Aubry and Blake and then between Blake and Cole warmed my heart immensely. Rarely does an author create love so beautiful that you are crying at the beauty and the happiness but Claire Contreras accomplishes this effortlessly.

I cant stop smiling, and feeling like I just witnessed something truly spectacular.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Before Dawn.

Finished Reading (Free Online Read Edition)
Started Reading
May 23, 2013 – Shelved
May 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 23, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 7, 2013 – Shelved (Free Online Read Edition)