Brooke Hargett's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

May 22, 2013

If there was one thing James Dashner delivers on in The Maze Runner, its suspense. Every time I wanted something to happen to the characters to raise the stakes, it happened. I loved that I didn't have to wait forever for the craziness, and that the situation just kept getting more dire. It was ok that I wasn't getting answers as fast as I wanted, because neither were the characters, which added to the suspense. There was just enough to keep me guessing and wanting more. The plot was very much like the maze itself, winding and unexpected. The "gladerisms" were perfect for this book, and James Dashner did an awesome job lacing in the slang in a way that wasn't obnoxious, and that I totally got what they meant.
It felt like a teenage version of Lost, minus the island. I'm excited to continue the series to see where he takes them next!
This book is currently being made into a movie, which I think will have a huge draw, and pull in an additional round of readers. I recommend this book to anyone that likes YA, and/or anyone that loves a good ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

May 22, 2013 – Started Reading