Tara's Reviews > Vigilante Nights

Vigilante Nights by Erin Richards

This is the third Erin Richards book that I've read and I enjoyed the first two so much I really wanted to see how she handled a YA. Granted, I'm not exactly the target audience for a YA but I truly enjoyed, Vigilante Nights.

The narrative, told from the protagonist, Lucas's point of view, was interesting and brought two rich classics to mind; The Catcher in the Rye and The Outsiders. The first, because we get a very personal and meaningful glimpse into a young man who's been damaged, inside and out, and must come to terms with the tragic changes in his life. The second, because of the gangs and the role they play, not just in Lucas's community and school, but in the very life-altering accident that transforms and haunts him afterwards.

This story is also about his metaphorical swim back to the surface after being seized by the undertow. It's his gasp for air, his decision to fight for his life and for what he's lost, and ultimately, move on. He doesn't forget but he finds, with the support of his friends and family, that perhaps he can heal. Bravo, Ms. Richards. Bravo.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vigilante Nights.

May 22, 2013 – Started Reading