Jordan's Reviews > Raven Rise

Raven Rise by D.J. MacHale

Jul 04, 2009

OH IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! Ok, so maybe... well... I dunno. It didn't have the charm or the humour of the previous books. The concept was good, but it wasn't as good as it could've been... you know? It just felt like a continuation of the story, rather than pow pow pow OMGOSH I'M IN LOVE type of story. It was just... story. With some humour.

The pros: It was WAY more exciting. I was all like, "NO! BOBBY! DON'T DO IT! DON'T HURT THE BRITISH GUY!!" (read to understand) And then I cried at the end just because of the utter... well, I'd say failure, but that might spoil things ;) It was so great and awesome and adventurous and shocking. Just not as amusing :(

It's rating... Well, I think PG13. I don't remember WHAT was violent, really, but I remember thinking that it got a bit violent again. It had some... OH! I remember now. Ok, in one scene, there is a lot of blood/broken bones mentioned. It's not horrible exactly... but it's disturbing. Anyway. There does appear to be actual language. FOR THE FIRST TIME!! Sheesh! It wasn't awful at all, but I was shocked to see any at all. It didn't even feel natural. I think he just felt the need to add swear words. Nasty.

So... not to spoil anything... but the end was good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven Rise.

Ray ☼ Ray Dude, that was the best review I have read in a while.... :D I felt the exact same way! :p

Jordan Ray ☼ Ray wrote: "Dude, that was the best review I have read in a while.... :D I felt the exact same way! :p"

Thanks! :D

Ray ☼ Ray Hahahaha Your welcome! :)