Lori's Reviews > Red Seas Under Red Skies

Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch

20569708

bookshelves: favourites, stories-to-iron-too-aka-audio

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Seas Under Red Skies.

Quotes Lori Liked

Scott Lynch
“Worst of all, the inner vault is guarded by a live dragon, attended by fifty naked women armed with poisoned spears, each of them sworn to die in Requin's service. All redheads.
-You're just making that up, Jean.”

Scott Lynch
“I think piracy is a bit like drinking. You want to stay out all night doing it, you pay the price the next day.”

Scott Lynch
“That's a sweet piece," said Jean, briefly forgetting to be aggravated. "You didn't snatch that off a street."

"No," said Locke, before taking another deep draught of the warm water in the decanter. "I got it from the neck of the governor's mistress."

"You can't be serious."

"In the governor's manor."

"Of all the -"

"In the governor's bed."

"Damned lunatic!"

"With the governor sleeping next to her."

The night quiet was broken by the high, distant trill of a whistle, the traditional swarming noise of city watches everywhere. Several other whistles joined in a few moments later.

"It is possible," said Locke with a sheepish grin, "that I have been slightly too bold.”

Scott Lynch
“Difficult" and "impossible" are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common.”

Scott Lynch
“Any man can fart in a closed room and say that he commands the wind”

Scott Lynch
“Maxilan, darling." Locke raised one eyebrow and smiled. "I knew you were driven, but I had no idea you could smoulder. Come, take me now! Jean won't mind; he'll avert his eyes like a gentleman.”

Scott Lynch
“I'm surprised you agreed to let me pour the wine.”

Scott Lynch
“ I want to hug you. And I want to tear your gods-damned head off. Both at once."

"Ah," said Locke. "Near as I can tell, that’s the definition of 'family' right there.”

Finished Reading