Laura's Reviews > Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Jul 04, 2009

This book contains all the information we should have learned in health class in school. I couldn't believe how ignorant of my own body I was until I started reading this book. I've learned so much with it, and use it as a reference quite often.

If you are squeamish about your own body, then you will definitely not be comfortable reading it, but honestly, it's necessary. I now feel much more prepared to visit my doctor when I need to, and I feel more in control of my own body (or at least more knowledgeable). Even if you don't use the birth control or pregnancy achievement steps in this book, it's good for understanding how things work and why certain things happen. In addition, if you following the tracking Toni Weschler recommends, it can help identify when things are not working as they should be.

All in all, every woman should read this book. Toni has written another book for teenaged girls, and I fully intend to buy it if/when I have a baby girl. I feel cheated from not having learned about my own body, which is sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Finished Reading