Mo's Reviews > Behind the Palace Doors: Five Centuries of Sex, Adventure, Vice, Treachery, and Folly from Royal Britain

Behind the Palace Doors by Michael Farquhar

did not like it
bookshelves: brit-lit, non-fiction, historical, 2013, w-mcl
Recommended for: No one

1 ½ stars

The cover leads you believe that this will be a fun, humorous book. Another case of false advertising… IT IS NOT. It is pretty much straight history, and it reads like Cliff’s Notes.

I think this book would be rather confusing to the neophyte. It bounces around a bit, and is so very incomplete. Luckily, I have read extensively about English history, and was able to "fill in the gaps" where necessary.

I was disappointed to learn nothing new from this book.

Not recommended

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind the Palace Doors.

May 20, 2013 – Shelved
October 23, 2013 – Started Reading
October 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine This looks like a fun read, Mo. Let me know how you liked it, please

message 2: by Mo (new) - rated it 1 star

Mo Don't bother reading it Cath.

message 3: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine Mo wrote: "Don't bother reading it Cath."

What a disappointment! Thanks for being the canary in the coal mine for your faithful followers. :-)

message 4: by Mo (new) - rated it 1 star

Mo It was a huge disappointment to me as well. Even more so because I had to jump through some hoops to find the darn thing!

Catalin Mihalcea The book is really worthless.No value at all,only if you are interested in gossip,and even then you would be disappointed as the informations gathered in this book are so poor and general.Nothing new or at least presented in a different way.In reading it I started to beleive I can also beccome a writer.