Tiana's Reviews > Days of Magic, Nights of War

Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker

Jul 02, 2009

Read in July, 2009

This is book number 2 of the Abarat books

When I read the first book, I had the non illustrated version and its text was filled with imagery. The second however I managed to get a copy of the one illustrated with Clive Barker's paintings. It was amazing to see the characters come to life on each page, it was such a treat to have such a sensory mix of words and images in this strange world known as Abarat. The characters have very distinguished characteristics and colourful personalities, even the much darker ones. The plot is rich and full of very interesting surprises. You get to meet alot of species of things in the world of Abarat. It reminds me of when I was reading Dr. Seuss books, except you get a thorough image of what it looks like in your head even if it wasn't painted on the page. I also enjoy the little bit of poetry at the beginning of every section.

It was an amazingly fast and enjoyable read and I can't wait til the third book comes out next winter!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days of Magic, Nights of War.

07/03/2009 page 233