Mary Chrapliwy's Reviews > Dancing with the Devil

Dancing with the Devil by Keri Arthur

bookshelves: netgalley-books

Nikki James is a scrappy young adult who had a tough life until she was taken in by her employer, who also serves as a protector and mentor to Nikki. Though book one in a new series by Keri Arthur, I got the feeling that Nikki may have appeared in another story by Arthur, but this didn't do anything but wonder where her story really started, it doesn't disrupt the story line at all.

Now working as a private investigator of sorts, Nikki is also a psychic with the ability to locate people by touching an item owned by that person. She manages to locate a teenager from a wealthy family, follows her into a haunted house, and inadvertently ends up in the crosshairs of a powerful evil. At the same time, Michael Kelly, a vampire some 300 years old, is following her. He is sent to protect Nikki from the pervasive evil that will begin to haunt her dreams and attempt to destroy her.

Told from third person point of view, most of the story is told from Nikki and Michael's POV, but there are also small bursts of the story that are told from the antagonists POV. The characters are so well developed that the story nearly felt real.

The characters were fascinating and story was highly suspenseful, so now I'm moving onto book two in the series.... I have a feeling I'll be enjoying the entire series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing with the Devil.

May 19, 2013 – Shelved