Caitlin's Reviews > Rescuing Seneca Crane

2209914
Jul 01, 2009

bookshelves: 2009
Read in August, 2009

I pretty much inhaled this book, the second in the Kari & Lucas mysteries due out in August. I was enjoying it so much, in fact, that I read it through eating my lunch & then sat in Snow Park across from my work & finished it before going back inside. It was very pleasant, but then I had to find something to read on the BART on the way home. Fortunately, my floor at work has a small lending library & I scrounged something to keep me company on my way home.

I love these books! The plotting is excellent. The writing is intelligent. The characters are believable &, best of all, competent. How nice is it to read about female characters of any age who can problem solve their ways out of a tight spot?

The Mystery of the Third Lucretia has art history thrown into the mix to make things more interesting. With Rescuing Seneca Crane, it's music, Scotland, & medieval castles. How cool is that?

This series is highly recommended for anyone with kids aged 11 & up. They'll thank you for it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescuing Seneca Crane.