Kahawihson 's Reviews > Halo: The Thursday War

Halo by Karen Traviss

20447017

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi, series, do-not-read-under-a-certain-age

Yes! action in this book, and you know what? Everybody's doing exactly what I'd thought they'd do. But some things in the book make me say "What where they thinking?" like Phillips going to a planet full of 8-foot aliens who would've killed him in a second a few months earlier, and I would've just saved the trip until the whole planet wasn't getting ready to kill each other. Somehow I have the feeling the Arbiter is up to something... Anyway, I'd say this book was better than the last one, except i kind of have a hard time sympathizing with Jul because well, (spoiler) he has the nerve to blame humans for his wife getting killed, meanwhile how many human relatives did he kill? Seriously i read the epilogue and I realized I liked his son more than him because he at least had his priorities straight and just wanted to do what he had to do, and he didn't even get a whole page, even his wife made sense to me, and she hated humans just as much as he did. Any way, everyone in this book does exactly what you think they'll do, making this book predictable but worth the read if you have the time. I think the phrase "creatures of habit" summarizes this book just fine.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halo.

Finished Reading