elizabeth_agd's Reviews > The House that Love Built

The House that Love Built by Beth Wiseman

1205307

Recommended for: BookSneeze Review July 2013

This delightful story is about a widow and a divorced man who have given up on love. Their friendship, as they struggle move past their desire to move past painful love experiences, is refreshing.

Brooke has an emotional time as she cares for her aging mother, wades through a burden of emotions as she deals with her father's stepping out on her and her mother as a young girl as well as the mourning over her only love. Owen is dealing with the fall-out of a nasty divorce and focusing his energy on a home renovation - something he is learning as he goes.

This fun tale cleverly incorporates secondary characters and locations that add to the story's charm and intrigue. It is a clean romantic tale that had surprises that kept me wanting to read more. It would have been nice if some of those twists were further developed but it was satisfying none-the-less.

I was definitely entertained as I read this novel and I continually questioned if I would have as much faith as Brooke in letting God heal and help her forward. I liked the return to and development of faith experienced by some of the characters as well as the general naturalness of it some of the other characters experienced.

I wholeheartedly recommend this novel to those searching for a story about what happens after.

I was provided a free copy of this eBook for my honest review. All opinions are my own and have not been biased by this free book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House that Love Built.

May 17, 2013 – Shelved