Sean Higgins's Reviews > Wisdom and Wonder: Common Grace in Science & Art

Wisdom and Wonder by Abraham Kuyper

bookshelves: culture, education, kindle, art, science, print, college
Read 2 times. Last read May 15, 2019 to July 2, 2019.

2019: This was my second read through the book, and it is as good as I remember. The church is most definitely not the boss of science and art, but the church should most definitely encourage Christians both to work in the spheres of science and art and also to appreciate where God's common grace has allowed unbelievers (even though often inconsistent with their stated worldview) to contribute to humanity.

2013: More deep and wide application of Christ's lordship over every thumb's width in the universe.

It convicts me even more concerning my narrow, dualistic, wrong-headed Christian thinking. I cannot be little-zealed in helping to enculturate the next disciples.

There is so much work to do, just to expand the imaginations of men for the work they can do. Business and products wait to be created. Medical and governing solutions sit unconsidered. Music and media thresholds are far from being crossed.

As Christians we do not have the imagination, the ambition, the objective restraints, or the readiness to give ourselves to it. These come from grace, and we need that most of all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wisdom and Wonder.

Started Reading