g-na's Reviews > Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet

Eaarth by Bill McKibben

bookshelves: 5-star-faves

This book was both excellent and horrible.

It was an excellent, comprehensive look at the damage we are causing to our planet. The author goes into detail about how things are changing here on Earth due purely to the actions of mankind, and as a result, we are now living on a planet different from the one we evolved on; he calls this "new" planet "Eaarth." In all the reading I have done about conservation, climate change, anthropogenic changes, and the like, this is the first thing I've read that has gathered all of that information and data and then some in one (well-written) place.

It was a horrible book because in reading it you discover just how much damage we have done, and are continuing to do to Planet Earth. It's scary to know what has happened, what *is* happening, and what will happen if we don't do something about it, and quickly.

Eaarth should be required reading for every policymaker, every politician, and certainly every person who refuses to acknowledge climate change. Heck, it should be required reading for every citizen of Earth.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eaarth.

Started Reading
May 14, 2013 – Finished Reading
May 16, 2013 – Shelved
May 16, 2013 – Shelved as: 5-star-faves

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

g-na Sara wrote: "Thanks for this review, I have added Eaarth to my "to read" shelf. If you liked this you might also like The World Without Us by Alan Weisman."

Thank you. I will put it on my reading list.