Linda Wells's Reviews > Life

Life by Keith Richards

I am tremendously impressed by this book. Keith Richards goes into great detail about his childhood, the difficulties he faced growing up, and how he became the successful musician that he is today. He writes in a natural style, revealing many personal details of his life that are touching, painfully honest and real. He recalls how he first met Mick Jaggar, and how their musical collaboration created the magic and unique style of the legendary rock group, the Rolling Stones.

Many facets of the book were surprising, such as the negative reception they were first given when they performed in the US. As their popularity grew, they became somewhat friendly with their rivals, The Beatles, agreeing to perform on different weekends so that both bands had an equal share of their fans. Richards describes his love affair with Ronnie Spector of Ronnie and the Ronnettes. He says, "The first time I went to Heaven, I awoke with Ronnie....." You will be surprised, fascinated, and impressed as you look into the private world of this iconic performer. Enjoy the great ride you'll take while reading Life!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life.

Finished Reading