Roni Loren's Reviews > My Story Can Beat Up Your Story: Ten Ways to Toughen Up Your Screenplay from Opening Hook to Knockout Punch

My Story Can Beat Up Your Story by Jeffrey Schechter

bookshelves: favorites, on-writing, non-fiction

I'm a big fan of writing craft books. And in particular, I'm in love with books on screenwriting because I find that those techniques have clicked with my pantser brain more than anything else. I'm practically religious about Save the Cat. So anytime, I pick up a new screenwriting book, I'm hopeful, but usually am not expecting to find anything as helpful as Cat. But this time I was pleasantly surprised.

This is one of those books that has so many great nuggets of information that I feel like I can't hold it all in my head at once. I'm now going back through it and making notes and worksheets from the information so that I can add it to my pre-writing routine. (This is the point where I delude myself into thinking I'll one day be able to plot before I write the book.) But whether you're a pantser like me or a seasoned plotter, I think this book has a lot to offer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Story Can Beat Up Your Story.

Started Reading