Carrie 's Reviews > The Lady of Bolton Hill

The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden

Daniel and Clara have been best friends since they were children, both coming from different backgrounds but brought together from a mutual love of Chopin. Always playing music together, known pieces and scoring their own, something other then friendship started to bloom. Even if it was not noticed between the two.

Clara was to be sent to London to live with her Aunt. Under the guise of her pursuing her dream of writing, not realizing her father was purposely keeping her from the budding romance he could see happening even if she never.

After a lifetime away in London, Clara returns home to Baltimore a journalist, a rarity for females, wondering what happened to Daniel after all these years. Was he still the same boy, even though now a grown man, that she used to know?

For the first half of this book I was thinking this will be a four star book. I was enjoying the story and the characters, I loved Daniel. I loved the playfulness between both he and Clara, the friendship still strong even after all those years and distance between them.

As the story continued on into the second half, this is where one of the stars faded away. With out spoiling the story for others, things happened that for me I couldn't wrap my head around. Not saying it couldn't happen just that it seemed to soon and sudden. A little far fetched.

Over all I will give it 3.5 stars, because I did enjoy the book and characters, just not the outcome of some things.

I leave you with, Chopin's Nocturne No. 4

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady of Bolton Hill.

May 16, 2013 – Started Reading
May 16, 2013 – Shelved
May 16, 2013 –
10.0% ""Have there always been that many stars in the sky, or have I merely failed to notice?""
May 16, 2013 –
23.0% "That last scene put a smile on my face. :)"
May 16, 2013 –
41.0% ""What's bothering you? It's not labor union troubles."\n She smiled a bit. "You could always read me."\n That's because you're the other half of my soul. "I'm not doing such a good job now. What's troubling you?""
May 16, 2013 –
50.0% "I have a bad feeling about this."
May 17, 2013 –
80.0% "This is where I am apparently, well it's where the kindle says I am. Is it where I remember leaving off?? I don't know. \n I woke up to find myself lying on top of it. Time to scroll the text to see what looks familiar."
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: christian-romance
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: historical-romance
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: christian-fiction
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: tower-team
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: kindle-loan
May 17, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party It's always sad when a book with lots of potential peters out before it makes it to the finish line :( Sorry this one wasn't a five-star read. Awesome review, Carrie!

Carrie Thanks David.

Yeah I was a tad disappointed that it ended up how it did but you can't like them all. I noticed a lot of 5 stars for this book and I can see how people would give it that high a rating but over all I couldn't honestly rate it higher then I did.