Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho's Reviews > Dreamsongs: A RRetrospective: Book One

Dreamsongs by George R.R. Martin
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamsongs.

May 16, 2013 – Shelved
May 16, 2013 –
page 21
May 17, 2013 –
page 35
5.34% "First introduction from Martin is very good. This is good material and I always love to read about how the writer came to be. \n \n First story "Only Kids Are Afraid of The Dark" is a tale about Dr Weird. It's a dark fantasy tale about a battle between Dr Weird and Sagaeth, the lord of the underdark. He wrote when he was 17/18 so you can see the inexperience of the writer."
May 21, 2013 –
page 75
October 10, 2013 –
page 89
13.57% "The Hero - How to treat a hero. How heroes are created. How heroes are rewarded."
December 11, 2013 –
page 101
15.4% "The Exit to San Breta - This is a futuristic tale about driving. A futuristic, ghostly tale about cars. Not as good as others but nevertheless interesting. It remind me of some Victorian short story."
December 11, 2013 –
page 119
18.14% "The Second Kind of Loneliness reminds me of a Michael Moorcock story I read some years ago. Its about a person being locked in a mining facility in space. The effects of closure, of longing earth, of solitute and mental health. Quite good."
December 12, 2013 –
page 155
December 23, 2013 –
page 155
23.63% "Is now or never that I finish this massive tome..."
December 30, 2013 –
page 175
26.68% "The Simbiotic life between the Shkeen and the Greeskha. Simbiotic or Parasitic?"
December 31, 2013 –
page 211
32.16% "Song for Lya -Probably one of the best stories I have ever read. My gods... what a feeling. This piece of art is one of those stories to people who say Fantasy/SF is not a genre. This is it. This is beyond fantasy/sf. It transcends it."
January 7, 2014 –
page 229
34.91% "This tower of ashes was the first story I really didn't appreciate. Nothing interesting happens. Maybe it's a story about George and his first ex-girl/wife and he had to deal that she was with someone else... And he had to saved him. Would he?"
March 31, 2018 – Shelved as: didn-t-finish