Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > Ever Enough

Ever Enough by Stacy Borel

Four Stars

“I swear I’m never leaving you again Em. Never! You are mine. Do you understand me? Mine! And if I have to spend the rest of my life finding every single piece of your broken heart, I will. I will put you back together again Em. I’ll do it because I’m still so in love with you. I will fix you, and I’ll fix this.”

Emilyn and Finley were high school sweethearts. They were very much in love with each other. It all came crashing down when Finley ups and leaves her on their graduation night. Emilyn is devastated. She doesn’t understand why and she never fully recovers from losing Finn. She even enters a loveless marriage, a marriage that ends in disaster. But I’ll save that for later.

Emilyn and Finn are given a second chance when they meet again for their ten-year high school reunion. Emilyn is a hard sell when it comes to attending, but with the help of her kick ass best friend, Harper, she is convinced that not only Finn won’t be there, but also attending would be a fun getaway from her husband. When they see each other, they realize what they knew all along: They belong together, but with their circumstances, her marriage, their distance…how will it all end?

“I’ll follow your rules and stay behind your line in the sand. But the moment you cross that line yourself, or you ask me for more, it’s game on.” He winked at me and walked away.
Jesus H. Christ.
I was fucked.

Emilyn finds out the hard way that her husband is not only cheating asshole, but also an all around piece of shit. Yea, I’m not sugarcoating…he’s a fucking douche. Luckily we have Finn to take our mind and hearts away. Though Emilyn is hesitant to give her heart again, it’s only a matter of time before Finn breaks through her shell.

I really enjoyed Em and Finn’s story. There are a lot of things that are thrown in the mix, and it’s not as predictable as I thought it would be; it made for great drama. I also LOVED Em’s best friend Harper. She is amazing and so fabulously fun…I’m hoping that the next book (if there is one) to be about her and Finn’s BFF Kyler.

I do have to mention a few things that bothered me, prevented me from giving it a full five stars. One – the reasoning behind why Finn left Em in high school wasn’t good enough for me. Two – the ending seemed a little rushed and I wanted just a little more. Three – I wish the epilogue included something about Em’s ex-husband, like, say he got gonorrhea or something. Trust me…the cheating bastard deserves every horrible thing. Haha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever Enough.

May 15, 2013 – Shelved