preppea's Reviews > His Wicked Games

His Wicked Games by Ember Casey

May 15, 2013

bookshelves: read-to-review, zz-reviewed, zz-i-love-this, erotic-romance, contemporary, new-adult

Talk about starting out with a bang and not stopping until the last page! HIS WICKED GAMES had me from the summary and I am thrilled to say it did not disappoint!

The summary itself is mysterious and leaves a lot to the imagination. Since part of what propelled me to read the book right away was how intriguing the summary was, I don’t want to spoil any of the suspense by giving away the storyline—just trust me when I say it’s everything it promises and so much more.

What I can tell you is the feelings I experienced—I literally felt like I was Lily as I experienced every emotion she went through.

Calder had me sexually frustrated,
“My restraint only goes so far,” he says. His eyes bore into mine. “I want you, Lily. I want to fuck you until you can’t move, until you can’t think, until you’ve forgotten everything else but me. It won’t be gentle. If you don’t want that, then tell me, and I’ll leave this car. But if I stay… I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to control myself.”
on pins and needles,
“You mean that I’m required to have you in my possession.” The way he says that final word sends a tiny thrill through me.
in love,
The passionate, dominant Calder I can handle—the one who leaves bruises on my skin and shoves my shirt into my mouth to keep me silent—but I don’t know how to deal with this gentler version of him.
His hands move down across my skin slowly, delicately, as if I’m a precious, breakable thing that might shatter at his touch.
Maybe this is just sex. And maybe I don’t really know him all that well. But there’s a part of me, deep down, that knows I’ve glimpsed a deeper side of him, however briefly, and I know I’ve exposed a bit of myself to him, too.   And that terrifies me.
and then depressed when I was waiting for his call.
“Are you my therapist now?” he demands. “What, we fuck for a couple of days and suddenly you think you can see into my soul or something?"
I stagger back, feeling like he’s slapped me across the face. But he’s not done.
“You expect me to open up to you,” he says, raking his hand through his hair, “but you’re in such denial about your own baggage that you don’t even realize that you’re the one pushing away. That ex sure screwed you up something good.”
I WANT Calder! I want to throw him in a box and steal him away to my house to play all of HIS WICKED GAMES!

This book was like the roller coaster you never want to get off of – it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time and when I wasn’t reading it, I was fangirl squealing about it to anyone who would listen! The story has a new adult/self-discovery feel to it; but then there are also scenes that are most definitely erotic romance: envelope pushing scenes that in other books I might have squirmed uncomfortably while reading, but in this case I could not only imagine and feel, I found myself caught up in the moment.

The story had a well-developed arc, a perfectly described setting, and characters that not only had depth and substance but that I wanted to be a part of. HIS WICKED GAMES truly had me hypnotized and caught in the suspense of its sexy games. This book will be released on June 11th and it looks like a novella will be published soon after. Do yourself a favor and get in line because it’s a hot, steamy ride you won’t want to miss!

**Copy provided by the author for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Wicked Games.

May 15, 2013 – Shelved
May 15, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read-for-review
May 16, 2013 – Started Reading
May 16, 2013 – Shelved as: read-to-review
May 16, 2013 –
71.0% "I moved this to the top of my to-read list because something about the summary had me completely intrigued and I couldn't stop thinking about it. AND I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED - panting! Gotta get back - its SO good!"
May 17, 2013 – Finished Reading