Tandie's Reviews > Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

May 14, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: bow-chicka-wow-wow, brain-candy, chicklets, fangirl-pressure, surprise-sucka-im-good, romance, lol, slump-buster, dearest-enemy
Recommended to Tandie by: Emily May
Read 3 times. Last read May 14, 2013 to May 16, 2013.

Payton Kendall & J.D. Jamison have been frenemies for the 8 years they've both put in at their law firm. They have this whole 'I love to hate you' thing going, which is entertaining. I mean, never in a million years would I suspect that they're secretly in love or something. As the last two remaining associates in their class, they've been assured they're both going to make partner. But wouldn't ya know it, the firm decides that only one of them can make partner & the other one will be sent packing. Thus begins a fierce competition between Payton & JD. Nothing really surprising here, but Julie James writes some pretty funny stuff! I read the first book in her FBI series and while it was hilarious, it was a bit too descriptive & the male MC is constantly thinking about sex & getting all hot & bothered. Not my thing. Practice Makes Perfect had a nice amount of sexual tension without overly descriptive scenes & overly horny characters. I decided to try this author after reading Emily May's reviews. It gave me some good laughs. I'm a little irked about never finding out what J.D. stands for. James Dean? John Denver? John Deere?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practice Makes Perfect.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
May 14, 2013 – Started Reading
May 14, 2013 – Shelved
May 15, 2013 –
page 200
68.73% "I can't believe how FUNNY this is. I've been so stressed and busy lately. I've done a bit of a genre-jump (temporary, still mostly fantasy/paranormal/magic/sci-fi junkie)to light and fluffy or, as Wendy calls it, BRAIN CANDY. I just need some light fiction, heavy on the laughs right now. Practice Makes Perfect is just right for my poor frazzled brain right now."
May 16, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2017 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
January 1, 2017 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
January 4, 2017 –
65.0% "Lol! I forgot how dang funny this is!" (ebook Edition)
January 4, 2017 –
70.0% "Tyler is explaining Pride & Prejudice to JD, it is freakin' hilarious! \n"I thought Darcy was the Ahole."\n"But he doesn't stay the Ahole!"\nJD asks Tyler for the short version:\n"He gets the girl by being nice to her."\n"That's it? He's NICE to her? That's so lame."\n\nBahahahaha!" (ebook Edition)
January 4, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
January 4, 2017 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)