Bev's Reviews > Hushed

Hushed by Kelley York

bookshelves: lgbtq-mm, torture-violence, just-so-damn-good
Recommended to Bev by: Tina
Recommended for: Nervous tension junkies!!

Wow!! This book has been on my kindle since February, and kept trying to raise it's head above water several times...but always ended up sinking back down into the depths, not on THIS occasion however !! and let's have a quick peek at the dancing girls

What a fabulous book. I'm not going to waffle on here...life's too short and I'm too busy. This is a perfect example of what happens when a person, in this case Archer, is totally in thrall to another (Vivian..and what a horrible bitch she was!) and will do literally anything for them....including murder, and I have to say Kelley York must be a damn good author cos I totally empathised with Archer and just wanted to give him a huge hug, he'd had an awful life!!

Evan was, well, amazing!! A little creepy at first..I thought stalker material, but it just turned out that he wanted Archer, wanted to protect him and keep him safe. Most of the quotes from the book that I've highlighted are made by Evan 'Viv had people who loved her too. People who would've done anything to help her get through things. Instead, she chose to use you (Archer) as her trampoline. There to give her a high when she needed it, and there to catch her when it got to be too much' and there were some heartbreaking ones from Archer himself 'Did hope have a scent? If it did, it would've smelled like Evan' and 'He missed the old Vivian, and he was trying to come to terms with the fact the girl he loved had been dead for a long time' and the 'piece de resistance' for me 'I've broken myself to pieces trying to help her. I can't do it any more.'

This book was awesome, nail biting, edge of your seat tension...I couldn't put it down, and I was totally gobsmacked at the ending....and so, so happy for Archer and Evan!!

Thanks to my lovely Tina for making me push it up the queue!! x

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hushed.

May 14, 2013 – Shelved
May 21, 2013 – Started Reading
May 22, 2013 –
42.0% "Complex guy that Archer, and Evan is so sweet. Just get rid of that Vivian (and I don't mean do her in), she's so not worth your time!"
May 22, 2013 –
66.0% "God, that bitch!! She's completely bonkers!!"
May 22, 2013 –
100.0% "My God, what a fabulous book!! Review to follow tomorrow."
May 22, 2013 – Finished Reading