Christine's Reviews > Ever Enough

Ever Enough by Stacy Borel

“...I’m never leaving you again Em. Never! You are mine. Do you understand me? Mine! And if I have to spend the rest of my life finding every single piece of your broken heart, I will. I will put you back together again Em. I’ll do it because I’m still so in love with you. I will fix you, and I’ll fix this...”

Swoon! I loved this book! Such a refreshing down to earth story about love, love lost and the journey it takes to find redemption and to win back that love that you let slip through your fingers.

This is the story of Emilyn and Finley. They were high school sweet hearts attached to hip, very much in love and did everything together. But that all changed after graduation night when Finn decides to break up with Em leaving her shattered, heartbroken and alone.

Believing that her life is over Em becomes a recluse, a shell of the girl that she once was, but that is until she meets Weston. An up and coming young lawyer in her father's firm he is relentless in his pursuit to win Em over and after a whirlwind romance she finds herself a married woman and moving to Chicago with her new beau. But looks can be deceiving and after 8 years of marriage she realises that her husband is not as attentive as he used to be, and feels as if her marriage is slowly slipping away. She then receives a call from her BFF Harper about a high school reunion and reluctantly agrees to go.

Finley has been living the high life in California as a sort out music writer. He's at the top of his game and is highly successful however after almost 10 years he still has one great regret and that is letting the love of his life go. After receiving an email about a high school reunion he decides last minute to attend the gathering with his best friend Kyler...and that's when the story really begins.

I enjoyed this book a lot. Em and Finn's relationship was really cute and I loved them together.

Ok I really need to get this off my chest so forgive me while I vent...!!

WESTON IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE! Like honestly Grade A pure bred Asshole! He was such a cold, heartless, selfish, manipulative bastard!! I don't think I've ever hated a character quite like I hate him and that is really saying something coz I only hate three other characters like him! Honestly who treats his wife of 8 years with no respect and then flaunts his shit right in front of her without even considering her feelings...and gives her car away after knowing how much she loved the thing...aaaannd had the nerve to treat her with so little respect with no sympathy whatsoever after she had JUST gone through a traumatic experience...!! I swear my blood boiled every time he entered a room, I wish I had a bat so I could beat his face in coz I just know that whatever he's about to say is just as vile and as poisonous as he is! Gaaaahhh I hate him! Oh and Em really??!!! Grow a back bone and stand up for yourself! I hated the fact that she let him treat her that way and didn't have the balls to talk back to him or even slap the bastard coz lord knows he deserved that and so much more! Kudos to Finn for knocking him on his ass even if it was just one punch it still was very satisfying to read! Ok vent over!

I loved this book and totally fell in love with Finn! He was so devoted to Em that even after finding out the reason she was avoiding him he didn't let it hurt his pride and ego but chose to overlook it and loved her anyway! Oh and Harper! Loved her! What an amazeballs bestie! She was hilarious and was super loyal!
“...I swear to god if he hurts you i'll string him by his toes and shove a hot fire poker in his ass...” See? Absolutely awesome! Lol

Well all in all I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to anyone out there!

4.5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever Enough.

May 14, 2013 – Started Reading
May 14, 2013 – Shelved
May 14, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 14, 2013 –
3.0% "Ugh! What an asshole!"
May 14, 2013 –
22.0% "“I swear to god if he hurts you I will string him up by his toes and shove a hot fire poker in his ass.” LOL at Harper! Awww man she has got to be one of the bestest book bffs ever! Hahahahaha literally LMAO right now! :D"
May 14, 2013 –
30.0% "What a jackass! Grrrrr how could someone be so cold! Not cool Weston...not cool!"
May 14, 2013 –
34.0% "Well I definitely was not expecting that...?!"
May 14, 2013 –
42.0% "What is this dudes deal? He really is a heartless douchebag!"
May 14, 2013 –
84.0% "OH.EM.GEE...! just wanna cut the bastard! What kinda self-centered asshole says that to a person that has just gone through something like that?!"
May 15, 2013 –
100.0% "Loved it! Review to come..."
May 15, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Awesome review!! :D

Christine Barbara wrote: "Awesome review!! :D"

Thanks Barbara! :D

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Awesome review !!! I'm adding it ❤❤

Ohhhh I loved that venting ! Let it out sister !

Christine Anna wrote: "Awesome review !!! I'm adding it ❤❤

Ohhhh I loved that venting ! Let it out sister !"

Thanks babe!!! ❤ But you'll totally know what I mean when you read it coz West is a major asshole! Lol

Christine Soraya Naomi wrote: "Wow this seems amazing!! Fab review babe"

Awww thanks hun!

message 6: by xrysa (new) - added it

xrysa Great review Christine!!

Christine kristina wrote: "Great review Christine!!"

Thanks babe! :D